Author Topic: Mysterious Merchant  (Read 4079 times)

Yrch

Mysterious Merchant
« on: August 19, 2014, 08:11:33 AM »
I just recently returned after several years. Last night, i saw a merchant who had set up shop on sword street in palanthas.  He had a variety of medium-quality items, such as weapons in the 2d6 -  3d5 range, some detect gear, and a few powerful norent items.

Is this merchant common, and where can i find him again?  I plan on rolling another class or two, and a lot of his items were ideal for noob leveling.

oom

• Fodder
Re: Mysterious Merchant
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 09:22:16 AM »
Clans can buy a blacksmith for their stronghold that can repair things roughly on level with the sanction smith. They also buy everything, and each clan smith shares inventory with the global merchants in Kalaman, Palanthas, Solace and Balifor

Yrch

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 10:02:56 AM »
Awesome, thanks for the reply.

So,  the inventory i was seeing was probably items vendored by clan members?   That would make sense, asmost of the items were either NORENT, or otherwise not really high enough quality to sell/trade.

I guess my next question is, how do i find one of these "global merchants" to buy some leveling gear, if im not in a clan?  I've never seen this particular merchant before, and he didnt seem to wander, he was just set up in the street.

Thanks for the info.  A lot has changed since 2003, and I'm enjoying learning / relearning.

eli

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 02:05:38 PM »
You can find the global merchant in:
  • Kalaman - In between the weapon shop and armor shop. I believe 3n2e from square.
  • Solace - 2s of square (1w of Theros the Smith)
  • Palanthas - On Sword Street in the northern part of the city, 1 south of the weapon shop
  • Balifor - dn from Inn or 3e from square.

Brafu

• Zoner
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 02:13:51 PM »
The world merchant has been in the game for awhile and it does share a common inventory across them all. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of it anymore because I think it made most, if not all, weapon/armor shops in towns totally pointless (aside from 1 or two specific reasons), and I think thats a real shame and a loss to the game.

Yrch

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 02:59:52 PM »
Ive only been back a few days, but ive put in about 12 hours leveling in pala, and somehow NEVER saw this guy.  No idea how i managed to miss him, but now i feel like a moron if he's truly been there the whole time.  Would have been much easier to level if i wasn't using a 3d3 1H mainhand :)

Brafu

• Zoner
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 08:17:05 PM »
He can be easy to miss if you don't know he's there. He can seem like just another wandering mob that most cities are full of. Also, incase you didn't know, the magic shops in the major towns sell fly potions (creamy potions).

Jang Yoo Sung

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Storms Keep
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 10:21:16 PM »
The World Merchant also destroys items for you :)

Brafu

• Zoner
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 10:23:08 PM »
Bah! I rather just toss items to some random mob that's never killed, especially if its from pk and I don't want it =P

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 12:11:33 AM »
That's what the Kalaman ducks are for!