Author Topic: Group Size  (Read 2280 times)

reed23

• Zone Leader
Group Size
« on: November 17, 2016, 07:41:05 PM »
Idea for Group Size going back to 10 -

I understand why group size went to 8.  Make the game more challenging, etc.  However, there are a lot of negatives to having the group size be at 8.

An idea I'd like to throw out there - Move the group size back to 10, but require 2 of the group members to be NON-LEGEND.

Hear me out - since group size went to 8, I've seen a lot of our guys get left on the sidelines.  Especially non-legend mages, druids, shamans, sky scouts, etc.  Those characters are not very productive in groups.

With the 10/2 rule, I'd see the following benefits:

At wipe rush, there are more players.  Groups of 10 would be prominent because people aren't legend yet.  This would promote more inclusion than having people get left out and possible quit due to frustration or boredom.

Later in the wipe, it would promote people to continue to make new characters to fill the 2 non-legend slots.  Another alt means more play time which means more people playing the game possibly for longer periods of time.

Strategy - It would be another fun aspect of the game strategizing which two non-legend characters you would take to end-game fights.

The 2 non-legend would added benefit to the group, but I don't see it being a game-changing addition that would make zoning that much easier.

Kam

• Overlord
  • Zoner
Re: Group Size
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 07:58:48 PM »
What's to stop you from just not legending and running amok with a couple extra rank 20+ chars in your group?

Being legend is an option, often times an option some folks can't afford/can't meet all the requirements for.

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 09:00:35 PM »
Then that would be your choice.  But we all know Legend skills, spells, and bonuses are extremely beneficial.  If that was a worry to the higher ups, then also put a cap on rank too.  Non-Legend & Sub Rank 20.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 11:53:52 PM »
An idea I'd like to throw out there - Move the group size back to 10, but require 2 of the group members to be NON-LEGEND.

How about legend characters taking up two slots in a group?

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 04:00:38 AM »
Two non-legend healers.