Poll

Do you like to play healers, Are you good at playing healers?

I love to play healers and I'm great at it
15 (30%)
I would like to play a healer but people dont trust me to keep the main tank and group alive
8 (16%)
I'm a decent healer but I hate playing them
16 (32%)
I have no interest in playing healer at all let alone playing one well
11 (22%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: Attitude towards healers  (Read 14948 times)

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
Attitude towards healers
« on: December 29, 2015, 12:04:02 PM »
I've noticed that some of the top healers aren't even making a cleric let alone doing the heal quest
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 12:26:11 PM by gnua »

Oligo

Re: Attitude towards healers
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 02:45:12 PM »
I'd be curious what your definition of "top healer" is or who you consider to be a good healer. It's possible you've never played with a top healer before and I'm not talking about gear.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 02:49:21 PM by Oligo »

RichE

• Fodder
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 05:09:25 PM »
I'm not sure why I didnt play a cleric.  I'll assume your post is referring to me.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 09:35:26 AM »
I'd be curious what your definition of "top healer" is or who you consider to be a good healer. It's possible you've never played with a top healer before and I'm not talking about gear.

shesh, lottie, richE, eric, tino come to mind as top but there must be at least a dozen (klint, bob, john, mavlad) almost as good that dont play healers. i can just tell from the conversations that the more experienced healers in the clans seem to be more than happy to let people less experienced do the job. i would guess that for the past 3-4 wipes outsiders probably havent even heard of the people healing for 500+ CRP clans even though outsiders probably know by name at least 3 of the people in each of said clans.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 01:49:34 PM by gnua »

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 09:47:30 AM »
I'm not sure why I didnt play a cleric.  I'll assume your post is referring to me.

lol, i didnt know you werent playing a healer. i assumed you were. but it looks like you are now the poster child for this thread.

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 02:07:02 PM »
So top healers are scripted healers?

Keila

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 03:17:36 PM »
I made a healer this wipe!

gulca

• Zone Leader
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 10:55:27 PM »
So top healers are scripted healers?

I remember healing a 10 man group each round on different members each time and ran outa heals. I doubt i can do it with out script assistance of some kind, especially with char names longer than 4.

I dont claim to be a top healer but i definitely aint one without my heal macros and hp sorter script.

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 08:50:14 AM »
I guess I'm unclear on what the definition of top healer is? Is it someone that shows up every day and heals for 5-8 hours straight every wipe using only aliases?  Is it someone that can lead every zone in the game and heal every fight but be shit at pk because they don't script and let their adrenaline control them? Is it just a bot that group checks every round and has priority heals?

Oligo

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2016, 08:57:36 AM »
shesh, lottie, richE, eric, tino come to mind as top but there must be at least a dozen (klint, bob, john, mavlad) almost as good that dont play healers.

There are def some elite ones in your list. Especially tino and shesh. Neither of whom are active to my limited knowledge.

snax

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2016, 09:14:16 AM »
I think a top healer is one who generally doesn't miss heals or heal the wrong target, doesn't ask for any spell runs, is content to be a 3rd world player, and gives over the top platitudes when given anything better than a gust of wind book.  They give an extra 12 hour logged on without complaints and without being asked just cause they want to see other people feed their greed.  That is the true top healer.  I am definately a benthic mudsucker leech of this type of healer.  They need my meds more than I do.

Raushei

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2016, 11:05:52 AM »
I rolled a cleric. Considering I'm easily one of the best healers to play the game, I wouldn't dare let some second-tier healer take over my duties. :)

On that note, I do see a lot of new folks that are healing these days.

TBH - my desire to play a healer has been affected. Shamans are pretty OP healing, and oftentimes the groups rarely need me. (Outside of entry heal or burst damage). This leads to extreme boredom, which lead to me rolling a seond and third character (way earlier than I would have normally, before legend).

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2016, 11:08:50 AM »
shesh, lottie, richE, eric, tino come to mind as top but there must be at least a dozen (klint, bob, john, mavlad) almost as good that dont play healers.

There are def some elite ones in your list. Especially tino and shesh. Neither of whom are active to my limited knowledge.

i've played with the top tier healers enough to recognize if someone else is 1st, 2nd, or 3rd tier. a few wipes ago, the top healers were playing other classes and letting the 2nd tier healers do the job. now it seems like the second tier is also not rolling clerics and letting the role fall to 3rd tier healers.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2016, 11:18:49 AM »
I rolled a cleric. Considering I'm easily one of the best healers to play the game, I wouldn't dare let some second-tier healer take over my duties. :)

On that note, I do see a lot of new folks that are healing these days.

TBH - my desire to play a healer has been affected. Shamans are pretty OP healing, and oftentimes the groups rarely need me. (Outside of entry heal or burst damage). This leads to extreme boredom, which lead to me rolling a seond and third character (way earlier than I would have normally, before legend).

I think you are on to something with your idea of the shamans pushing healers to play other classes.  I have also found the shamans make playing a healer quite boring.

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2016, 11:33:24 AM »
If your healer isn't healing you need to do harder zones.