Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
General Discussion / Re: how is randoming still a thing in this game?
« Last post by mpriki on October 24, 2021, 01:59:45 PM »
There are a dozen of solutions.
What i hate the most is log pew pew and log off , i cant deal with that . Stay there like a man.

I really hate snipe and leave , tactics .
« Last post by Nostramazos on October 24, 2021, 12:13:53 PM »
Steve D. randomers are a specific breed of player. They have basic characteristics and intellectual capacities, ultimately stemming from the fact that playing a text-based game is a much needed release for them.

Maza Nostra has dedicated a specific branch of their organization to randomers. Typically, if we are randomed, we strike back, swiftly and with extreme prejudice. Then we log back in and shout obscenities and then if the randomers are coming again, we rent and log newbies and then we shout obscenities again, it is a bulletproof plan really.

Go beyond the random menace. Read through the lines. For every reply you received in this thread that said ''stop crying'', there is a randomer crying. For every reply you received that said ''be a better player'', there is a randomer who has seen the Last Dance, wants the MJ mentality but sucks at any sport. I am talking about a PIR at least -15. That blows. They do sweat a lot though, which would make them a Covid menace too.

So there. I hope this helps to make sense of them. They around, they are lonely, and if the pizza doesn't come on time, they random.

Nostramazos
« Last post by steve d on October 24, 2021, 05:00:16 AM »
we lost all our gear.  we were of kind of failing/exploring a zone we could only barely maybe do.  we had been in there for over an hour so i have no doubt it repopped.  we might have been able to fight back in naked and retrieve some of it before it decayed but maybe not.  good bit of our stuff was on the ground from a couple of previous wipes and certainly would have decayed before we made it back in.

thats not really the point though.  i dont want to play a progression game where i constantly have to be afraid that at any time someone can just type like 3 lines and completely destroy hours of progress.  i guess arctic just isnt for me.  its too bad because like you said its extremely rare for this to happen.  and i really love the other 99.99% of the game.  i just dont understand why that  0.01% still has to be included.
« Last post by Jorake on October 24, 2021, 12:52:31 AM »
Pk is down so much.. I don't see the real issue. You didn't lose anything but exp. Which you can make up in an hour or less. Yes it's a dick move. Stop crying about it. Rexp, and figure out either how to stay safe or recall or whatever.
« Last post by steve d on October 23, 2021, 08:44:50 PM »
win?  i wasnt trying to win anything LOL.  your post is meant for someone who is in some kind of contest with someone and is crying because they lost.

what game was i playing against this guy?  im not even playing his game.  his game is not related to mine in any way.  im trying to play basketball with my friends and this guy is playing his own game where you sneak up and punch people in the face.

and then you come along and say 'well punching people in the face entertains some people.  you dont automatically win at basketball.'  what?

« Last post by Episte on October 23, 2021, 06:53:47 AM »
Randoming entertains some players. If you're over 12 realize like life you don't automatically win if you have good grades and ambition. Take those deaths and learn to be better or retire, but don't whine to make the game carebear mud
NEWS / October 22, 2021 --- Haloween Event: Haunted Mansion Returns!
« Last post by Anista on October 22, 2021, 08:46:48 PM »
    Paranormal activity has been reported in the Haunted Mansion near
Kalaman Graveyard. If you plan to force yourself through the Mansion's
gates, it may be wise to bring some company so they can retell the stories
of your heroic deaths!

Multiple groups will able explore the Haunted Mansion simultaneously,
and individually, due to the 'instanced' nature of this area.

The Haunted Mansion will be available for only a short while. Please
enjoy the event and be sure to trade your candy corn with the Candy
Collector before the event ends!
« Last post by steve d on October 22, 2021, 06:19:37 AM »
i dont even really blame the player....well maybe a little bit.

but there are jerks in any game.  the real question is why is it allowed?  for the price of 2 ticks of mem one asshole can erase hours and hours of work from me with no risk and no consequences.   and he could do it again every day if he chose.  if i was stupid enough to keep playing that is.  i am expected to do what? beg this person for mercy?  or maybe just put my head down and continue playing and just accept that whenever they feel like it other players can to ruin my progress with little to no effort?

i cant even imagine how many players the game has lost to this. 
« Last post by corey on October 22, 2021, 01:01:53 AM »
Oh, my sweet summer child.  Be glad you didn't play when Rise, or Corey, or highlight by association pk were things.

Yes, it sucks to eat the random hit, and that guy was a duck for doing it.  But, it is a rarity these days. The imms have helped with this quite a bit after 25 years of "PK is holy, we must not interfere."

Hey I'm still playing. You can call him old_Corey. Or young Corey, whatever you prefer. I don't do that anymore.

At least not as long as I'm not playing a thief...
« Last post by Hoodoo on October 22, 2021, 12:05:25 AM »
Oh, my sweet summer child.  Be glad you didn't play when Rise, or Corey, or highlight by association pk were things.

Yes, it sucks to eat the random hit, and that guy was a duck for doing it.  But, it is a rarity these days. The imms have helped with this quite a bit after 25 years of "PK is holy, we must not interfere."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10