Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Join the Arctic Discord. You can play two characters at one time now. You can’t go wrong with any melee/cure class to start your journey back. Enjoy!
I've been out of the game for almost 20 years and thinking of returning for a bit while I sit around my house recovering from an injury. In as much as I knew how to lead any interesting zones or pop any interesting books or tablets or load anything of value, I've since forgotten it all. I do vaguely remember the sweet, sweet smells of Ramon's ham - but that's about it.

In your opinion, what's an ideal solo class for a casual, low-skill player such as myself?

-- e
General Discussion / Re: how is randoming still a thing in this game?
« Last post by reed23 on April 02, 2022, 07:36:43 PM »
Just site-ban all people you don't like, start everyone with a chaos bag, a statue at solace [] that you can bow to for 1M exp, walkthroughs for every zone, turn PK off, and hand out stimulus bags each week with 5M coins.
« Last post by Willoe on March 29, 2022, 04:53:05 AM »
@Corey +1
« Last post by corey on March 28, 2022, 02:26:27 AM »
If someone like me can change their tune, anyone can.

"Limit" on items should be removed and in place given a lower % drop rate and longer decay. Let people do their shit. Most leave after a couple months anyway
« Last post by JoeVilla on March 27, 2022, 11:46:39 PM »
I'll just never understand how people got in to Arctic knowing it was a PK mud and then preach for the end of PK. Bryton is right.

its a 20+ year old game friend.  many of us came to the game for the pvp and then stayed because it was actually a good game.  then over the years most of us grew out of wanting to make others suffer for our own amusement.  at that point we still love the game but we left because when you have no interest in pvp anymore, you are just playing game where assholes can come take your shit whenever they feel like it.  not really the game for me.

id come back if that part of the game was optional and i suspect others would too, but if the exciting "pvp" is still getting you hard after all these years then i can understand you wanting to keep it.

Then how are other players supposed to get lim 1 items or other highly coveted items if they don't PK? Keep up with decay timers and pray the other player gets lazy and sloppy(which is basically what we have now)? Ask nicely for the item? People love this game for its uniqueness and part of that is all the unique items but if I have to sit there and ask nicely or wait 30 days for playerX to decay their item that's just as boring and then this becomes a game that isn't for me.
General Discussion / Re: Decay and Rent Costs
« Last post by JoeVilla on March 27, 2022, 11:36:54 PM »
I would totally be down for what Tromiko is suggesting. The only caveat to this is if that were to be a thing the game difficulty would become laughable. When you have all the best gear in the game with all the best spells. PVE really is a joke.
« Last post by steve d on March 27, 2022, 09:18:25 PM »
I'll just never understand how people got in to Arctic knowing it was a PK mud and then preach for the end of PK. Bryton is right.

its a 20+ year old game friend.  many of us came to the game for the pvp and then stayed because it was actually a good game.  then over the years most of us grew out of wanting to make others suffer for our own amusement.  at that point we still love the game but we left because when you have no interest in pvp anymore, you are just playing game where assholes can come take your shit whenever they feel like it.  not really the game for me.

id come back if that part of the game was optional and i suspect others would too, but if the exciting "pvp" is still getting you hard after all these years then i can understand you wanting to keep it.
« Last post by JoeVilla on March 27, 2022, 08:08:57 PM »
NEWS / March 25, 2021 --- Triple double weekend!
« Last post by Anista on March 26, 2022, 01:18:46 AM »
From Saturday March 26th 2:00AM UTC to Monday March 28th 11:59PM UTC,
players will receive a 100% increase to experience, ranks, and coins.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10