Author Topic: I have a dream  (Read 8168 times)

gulca

• Zone Leader
Re: I have a dream
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 06:56:33 PM »
2 ideas for nightmare to make it less potent.

1. If stun by nightmare, non stun ppl can "wake" affected ppl, be it slapping the face or dunking the head into a bucket of slime.

2. Cooldown flag once big 4 spells are casted. All aggro spells from the flagged caster gets a reduction in casting lvl/effect/duration/save. This would make a robe mage less dangerous in the consecutive rounds from the 1st nightmare/prism/blastwave.

Wouldn't stop alpha fire from 4 to 5 nightmarers (they earned the power), but makes a solo mage less dangerous.

Ezio

• Fodder
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 01:27:51 PM »
Seems like there are counters to everything. Be prepared if you know you're warring a buncha trash mages. Make mindshield block nightmare stun like it blocks stup/spook/confusion

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2013, 12:35:06 PM »
Many players complained Power word stun was overpowered. Then they added damage to it and called it nightmare.
When the spell disables several player targets(and it usually does) in pvp battles it's overpowering, and when it doesnt it sucks.
Spells like this are nice to have as a player, but really limit pk options and gameplay  mid to late wipe, especially when you are facing 4 or 5 nightmarers.
Save or Die spells just aren't fun.

Maybe instead of stunning, nightmare could make victims disappear for the duration.