Author Topic: attribute reduction  (Read 14016 times)

walters

Re: attribute reduction
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2015, 12:08:48 PM »
just switch it to way back when. you remember when you had that cold steel sword and felt like a badarse because it was actually decent... or when you couldn't rank until you reached lvl 30 max xp. this game has become a lot easier so just be aware things were possible when a 3d5 2/2 prime and a +5 bash shield were considered BIGGER pieces of gear. before shaman lived and heal cloud was a spell. you have joined the squishy form of the mud. be glad you haven't had the pleasure of meeting Xellos yet he is usually good at ruining anything you plan on doing.

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2015, 03:12:24 PM »
i just worry that they forget about the bad players with these changes...we were close to killing bmobs last wipe.  i would really like another chance to do it this time.

So are you saying that when the nerf-bat scales things down for the bmobs capable people, the people for whom bmobs is too difficult suffer unnecessarily?  Sort of like when fearsome naked legend black robes arrived, +CL came later to compensate but hurt the mages that were non-legend? Now that legend healing cloud has dominated two wipes, heal% comes in to compensate but hurts the heal types that are not legend?

Are you suggesting that these limiting factors should only apply to legendary characters and so a naked legend will be as weak as a regular non-legend?

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2015, 03:57:34 PM »
I think that casting level argument is a little skewed, there had already been efforts to a naked mage's power (area limit) prior to robed mages being introduced. Casting level was a later incarnation of the same idea which happened to be implemented shortly after the three robes... I wouldn't directly attribute one to the other.

Also if you remember correctly it was white and red robes that were the most ridiculous at that period, the rise of the black robe came later.

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2015, 04:24:17 PM »
Casting level was a later incarnation of the same idea which happened to be implemented shortly after the three robes... I wouldn't directly attribute one to the other.

Perhaps I am seeing causation when only correlation exists (legend robes -> casting level, healing cloud -> heal %).  https://xkcd.com/552/

Baxter

• Immortal
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2015, 06:15:30 PM »
Super Tacoman, pm me, maybe later in the wipe I can help you out.

jrrestad

« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2015, 09:06:17 AM »
Don't forget the reduction in available +dams, and the subtle nerf to assault.  Or the removal of flank.

Things change, I guess.

oom

• Fodder
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2015, 09:26:47 AM »
Hey Super Tacoman!

If you have a small little crew and want to learn a bit and zone with some cool guys who know a tons and nothing at the same time come play with MYTH clan.

We've been around forever but are still learning many of the more "elite" zones in the game. We're good enough to do a lot of stuff but MYTH enough to always be a few seconds away from a mass R.I.P.

Send me a PM if you want to join us next wipe, you guys might even fit into a rush group and potentially have the first silver longsword that gets loaded in the new wipe!

In all seriousness though, you're welcome to group with us, you don't have to sign up for the clan tag, but after a couple weeks you might want to!

Goodie Tim/Troggdor/Oom/Pragor

Super Tacoman

• Fodder
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2015, 02:40:32 PM »
thanks to everyone who offered to help a poor arctic noob.  i am very surprised!  my past interactions with people on this game have found about 99% hostile 1% friendly.   

we will probably give it a shot with our small weak group and see how badly we fail, but i appreciate the offers.

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2015, 04:00:58 PM »
thanks to everyone who offered to help a poor arctic noob.  i am very surprised!  my past interactions with people on this game have found about 99% hostile 1% friendly.   

we will probably give it a shot with our small weak group and see how badly we fail, but i appreciate the offers.

I've saved a few lives on the CR (and maybe killed a few when I forgot to turn it off) with this:
#action {^{\w+} disappears suddenly} {st; ca 'ri vo' %1}
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 04:05:58 PM by gnua »