Author Topic: attribute reduction  (Read 14011 times)

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
Re: attribute reduction
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2015, 10:12:36 PM »
YOU WILL ALL BE ASSIMILATED. MYTH POWAH!

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2015, 05:59:30 AM »
you said ASS!

Rinad

• Immortal
  • Favorite Zone: Deep Mines
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2015, 04:34:16 PM »
Gram, The Mythical Ass! 

Nailed it.

Whee For Ever!

Super Tacoman

• Fodder
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2015, 12:39:48 PM »
and now the healing changes.

so my noob healer will need 2 heals to do the same amount as a geared healer who already had twice as many heals anyway.  and the elite players will have 120 hp cure lights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmErRm-vApI

« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 01:25:35 PM by Super Tacoman »

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2015, 12:58:02 PM »
and now the healing changes.

so my noob healer will need 2 heals to do the same amount as a geared healer who already had twice as many heals anyway.  and the elite players will have 120 hp cure lights.

or maybe the geared healer will not have enough slots to have ams nobash +hitpoints, +8 heals and healing done items. perhaps the somewhat geared healer will be in some small way superior to the geared healer because the geared healer can no longer have it all
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 12:59:33 PM by gnua »

Brafu

• Zoner
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2015, 03:22:50 PM »
@Super Tacoman

Dude, this game has always rewarded the skills, knowledgeable, and determined. Nothing's changed. No matter what changes are made there will always be a gap between the average player (or below average) and those some would consider "elite". It doesn't matter what changes they make to the eq, it doesn't matter what they change with characters, stats, races, or classes, it'll always be like this.

I'm by no means an elite player, nor am I very knowledgeable in terms of leading zones and such, but I could solo myself damn close to legendary (and get some respectable eq) if I needed to, and you can bet I would seek out the help of a friendly clan (whom I would have grouped with now and then) in order to get the last bit I needed for legendary.

So, to be perfectly blunt, why should the bar be lowered for you? You either learn and make some friends or you keep spinning your wheels in the mud.

Chisul

• Immortal
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Mage Tower
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2015, 08:10:24 AM »
In the Arctic mud...

SArT

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Anything outside of Arctic
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2015, 12:10:19 PM »
Two things:

1. Why can Eddie not post without having to edit it?

2. This thread is stupid.  Taco, you say you don't care about being elite.. but isn't that what all your arguments are really about?  If you play for fun.. you wouldn't care.

We are all just dust in the wind.

eddiex

• Zoner
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2015, 12:48:11 PM »
Dear Sart,

I sometimes post from my phone mistyping or making grammatical errors (that i have noticed after posting) which I compulsively obsess over.  Why does it bother you so much?

P.s. I'm editing this one just for you <-- *Wink*Wink*

XoXo,

Eddie

Super Tacoman

• Fodder
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2015, 12:58:14 PM »
Two things:

1. Why can Eddie not post without having to edit it?

2. This thread is stupid.  Taco, you say you don't care about being elite.. but isn't that what all your arguments are really about?  If you play for fun.. you wouldn't care.

We are all just dust in the wind.

just because i play for fun doesnt mean i dont care about how much i can do in the game.  it sounds like me and my friends we will be weaker with heals that do half hps.  many of the zones we could beat last wipe will be too hard for us now.  that is not fun.

think about who these heal changes effect.  do you think the geared clerics are not going to be running around with +200% healing while noobs like me struggle to find any?  what is the point of such a change?  buff the strong and nerf the weak?

maybe gnua is right and furry cloaks will have +20% healing on them while all the high end equipment will have none, so that the strongest healers will have to give up some of their +heals.  but i doubt it. 

Chisul

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2015, 03:52:44 PM »
Super Taco,

Good grief man! You have not even tried the new system and you are convinced this is some conspiracy to keep you and the other newer or more casual players down. I think you might be suffering from the same image misconception that 13 year old girls battle when they see over sexualized images of women everywhere.

You know that's not real, I know that's not real, but somehow those images impact how a young girl sees herself and she begins to define success by her shade of lipstick or cup size.

After watching some of the insane accomplishments a handful of super players do (then post), I suspect you are defining success as your ability to replicate the things you see or hear about. Just like the little girls mentioned above.

Please understand that those super players are very rare, very few, and they paid the price of years and years of playing to have brief moments of overwhelming success at this game. Another players ability to two man a zone that takes me and my friends 5 guys to do, in no way diminishes my enjoyment of the game.

Adjusting the heal rate and effectiveness might...just might, be one cog in a bigger effort to improve the game. I invite you to reconsider the "if elite players win, new players lose." Message I see you posting so frequently. Your ability to enjoy the game and define success is wholly independent of the gaming experience I choose to have. Will healing be different? Yes. Could some zones be harder now? Probably. Does that mean you can't have fun? It's up to you.

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2015, 04:24:22 PM »
So you have a thing for 13 year old girls? bapting sicko!

Chisul

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2015, 05:09:44 PM »
I just got Hoss'd.

Super Tacoman

• Fodder
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2015, 06:09:21 PM »
Super Taco,

Good grief man! You have not even tried the new system and you are convinced this is some conspiracy to keep you and the other newer or more casual players down. I think you might be suffering from the same image misconception that 13 year old girls battle when they see over sexualized images of women everywhere.

You know that's not real, I know that's not real, but somehow those images impact how a young girl sees herself and she begins to define success by her shade of lipstick or cup size.

After watching some of the insane accomplishments a handful of super players do (then post), I suspect you are defining success as your ability to replicate the things you see or hear about. Just like the little girls mentioned above.

Please understand that those super players are very rare, very few, and they paid the price of years and years of playing to have brief moments of overwhelming success at this game. Another players ability to two man a zone that takes me and my friends 5 guys to do, in no way diminishes my enjoyment of the game.

Adjusting the heal rate and effectiveness might...just might, be one cog in a bigger effort to improve the game. I invite you to reconsider the "if elite players win, new players lose." Message I see you posting so frequently. Your ability to enjoy the game and define success is wholly independent of the gaming experience I choose to have. Will healing be different? Yes. Could some zones be harder now? Probably. Does that mean you can't have fun? It's up to you.

i just worry that they forget about the bad players with these changes.  i dont care what the best players can do but i do hope i can still do the same kind of things i did last wipe. 

we were close to killing bmobs last wipe.  i would really like another chance to do it this time.  the attribute reduction makes that harder, the heal changes will potentially make it impossible.  it seems like there should be ways to make the game more challenging for the good players without making it unplayable for the bad.

Rinad

• Immortal
  • Favorite Zone: Deep Mines
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2015, 06:14:57 PM »
I've seen this game change so many ways over the last 20-25 years.   I kinda like and welcome change.   Let Hoss have fun with his nerf bat.   Start learning more about how to two man stuff, meet and greet with other players as some of are actually tolerable and may show you a secret or two.  I'm still learning stuff and am no where near done.  On that note, I'll be more than willing to two man a zone, where I have a chance of losing my gear...no way to CR it and not worry.   Legends are buff, Legend Races are super buff.  Have fun with the new setup.  Healing is being scaled some which makes for interesting,a hard hit to the Druid, but that systems needs to be tweaked either way as it was too easy to action heal.  It may not be perfect this wipe and 8 man groups will make clans interesting, but I think you'll do just fine and the world merchant will be fully stocked per usual by the end of the year. 

On that note, ask clans to group you and get to know some of them.  Plus if you read the other thread, mobs are adjusted accordingly to the change as well.   We can teach you how to beat bmobs.  I love that zone.