Author Topic: attribute reduction  (Read 14010 times)

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
Re: attribute reduction
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2015, 12:21:11 PM »
His lack of legending must be with killing the quest mob/spells and not with ranking or skills because both of those can be done solo and easily in mid-high zones with prompt rank on. If you're solo and good align I recommend trying neutral or evil align.

Hoodoo

• Zoner
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2015, 01:03:55 PM »
I have great luck with good align, usually rank 17-18 by 30 and I do 27-28ish solo.  It can be done: it does require learning zones specific to the align, for sure.  I don't see it as more of a challenge than evil, though, and neutral is just... slooooow.

Rinad

• Immortal
  • Favorite Zone: Deep Mines
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2015, 03:12:16 PM »
Lack of full neutral zones .   Most zones are either all good, evil or a hybrid.   Very few are true neutral.   

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2015, 03:20:21 PM »
In regards to earlier posts about "doing it right"...

Arctic is a game. It is designed to be fun and give people enjoyment while playing it.

This might mean being in a powerhouse clan and beating things down with your friends, it might mean exclusively solo play where you enjoy some casual adventuring, or it might mean exploring every corner of the game world.

The bottom line is there is only one "right" way to play Arctic, which is to have fun doing it. If you've got that covered the rest is irrelevant.

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2015, 04:22:48 PM »
We all know arctic is more like a drug and not a game.   

RichE

• Fodder
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2015, 04:52:59 PM »
I resisted joining a clan for so long on this game and it was the worst mistake of my life.  I've gotten to know so many good people from all over the world and have had a blast play other games with them etc.  You are missing out on 3/4 of what this game is about, bottom line.

muddeer

• Fodder
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2015, 05:07:20 PM »
We all know arctic is more like a drug and not a game.
Yes.  And Daniel is our version of Walter White.  Once a good guy, he used to be a regular joe, just another cog in the wheel like the rest of us.  But now, he has joined the dark side, contributing to the addiction that is Arctic with his creations and cursing us with missing classes/homework, lower job performances, destroyed marriages/relationships, and fish gut-white skin complexions.

But it's not too late, Daniel.  It's not.  You can still recover what little humanity you have left and repent!  Come back to us and play.  Let those who have already lost their souls fill out them spreadsheets and craft the 962846th description for a statue.  Or do you really want to end up like...... SANJURO!?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 05:15:17 PM by muddeer »

eddiex

• Zoner
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2015, 06:24:01 PM »
I understand that there are many different reasons people play Arctic. Super taco is right that there are different ideas of what it means to be successful in this game. I was mostly addressing the point that the changes being made to the game have not been skewed to favor the elite. In my understanding of the game, I also find it difficult to fathom lower base statistics significantly hindering anyone, even the newbest of newbs.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 07:39:29 PM by eddiex »

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2015, 06:29:29 PM »
but now I can only memorized TWO thornsprays at level 1!  How will I ever get to level 2?!?

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2015, 06:22:35 PM »
but now I can only memorized TWO thornsprays at level 1!  How will I ever get to level 2?!?

I thought you always played paladin.

Super Tacoman

• Fodder
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2015, 06:52:52 PM »
I understand that there are many different reasons people play Arctic. Super taco is right that there are different ideas of what it means to be successful in this game. I was mostly addressing the point that the changes being made to the game have not been skewed to favor the elite. In my understanding of the game, I also find it difficult to fathom lower base statistics significantly hindering anyone, even the newbest of newbs.

i dont think any of the changes are intentionally being made to favor the elite.  it is just an unintended side effect. 

and if i have less hps and less dmg than last wipe, it seems to me that i will not be able to do as much in the game.

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2015, 09:18:03 PM »
This is a fairly silly  conversation tbh, Elite level players rarely wear any +attribute gear other than con & str to wield a prime. Increasing the value of +attribute eq by having lower base stats is an inadvertant buff to low / mid tier players if you think about it. Thats my 2 cents anyway

Brafu

• Zoner
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2015, 10:06:15 PM »
Lowering the stats a bit really doesn't effect the top players (as has been said). Why? Because they are too busy trying to figure out where to wear the eq that is by far more important than the stuff that gives them another 2 or 3 wisdom or charisma.

But what it does do is make useless eq more appealing again for the casual players and those who don't have access to high end gear. +1 stat eq (unless it was, perhaps, int or wis) has usually been viewed by many as totally useless trash once they get to lvl 20+ and are loading better non +stat eq for those slots (such as +hp or +dam). There is so much eq in this game that has been, basically, total trash because of the slow growth in character power that's made them far less important than they once were.

Also, since when do you need to join a clan in order to group with one and make friends in it? They might not give you the best eq loads, but you'll get some stuff along with ranks, XP, and coins. You just need to be a bit more proactive in reaching out to them and letting them know you exist and want to group.

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2015, 09:24:49 AM »
This is a fairly silly  conversation tbh, Elite level players rarely wear any +attribute gear other than con & str to wield a prime. Increasing the value of +attribute eq by having lower base stats is an inadvertant buff to low / mid tier players if you think about it. Thats my 2 cents anyway

so now low/mid tier players need to load +stat gear to achieve their previous levels of power? this may be a good idea for the same reason as casting level, but no one would call the casting level system a buff. how is this a buff? is it because +stat gear will be plentiful and low tier (i.e. non-legend unclanned) players will be able to solo +1 stat in every equipment slot but the higher tier players will have trouble doing so because they are wearing +dam, +heal and better stuff which does not give stats?

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2015, 09:56:31 PM »
yeah pretty much. i doubt this was the rationale behind the change, i was just pointing out that the change actually slightly benefits low / mid players in a round-about way