Author Topic: 3 DAYS OF RENT WARNING EMAIL  (Read 12377 times)

walters

Re: 3 DAYS OF RENT WARNING EMAIL
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2015, 10:34:22 PM »
i like btowns idea.   ALSO any way you can text me like 6 hours before an item decays in my rent so i know to foom it and go repop it so no one else can have a chance at loading it?  Possibly make rabbits and dragonflies load somewhere between 10-50k coins so i can keep my rent up have a hard time when i wanna take a long weekend or 5 months...

Jang Yoo Sung

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Storms Keep
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2015, 11:48:55 PM »
i like btowns idea.   ALSO any way you can text me like 6 hours before an item decays in my rent so i know to foom it and go repop it so no one else can have a chance at loading it?  Possibly make rabbits and dragonflies load somewhere between 10-50k coins so i can keep my rent up have a hard time when i wanna take a long weekend or 5 months...

cant we just make it free to rent and in any room and no_decay for all items? that way ppl will never quit playing since they will always have gear

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2015, 02:00:50 PM »
@YS
There are a lot of people who quit with fully geared characters and enough rent money to survive 90+ days.  People don't quit because of gear, people quit because of people or because we are playing a game that highlights the cutting-edge technologies of the early 90s.

snax

Re: cutting technoligies (sic, intentionally mispelled cause I'm lazy)
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM »
Actually You gotta go back a bit further.  I was playing eamon on the apple 2 and writing array text games around 88, so I'm not sure if this counts as cutting edge when I was racking up the parent's phone bill with long distance 19 hour  2 meg downloads in 89 for my amiga 500 with 20 meg hard drive and 4 megs of ram.  Arctic was a late entrant into a cutting edge technology on it's way to obsoletion when it opened the doors.  It was just damn well written and had clear prose.  No more slashing black rats brown rats and beseeching the love of Henrik.  well, unless you were a cabal/dane/whatever.

Jang Yoo Sung

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Storms Keep
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2015, 08:14:43 PM »
@YS
There are a lot of people who quit with fully geared characters and enough rent money to survive 90+ days.  People don't quit because of gear, people quit because of people or because we are playing a game that highlights the cutting-edge technologies of the early 90s.

I was being sarcastic...
Yes ppl quit because of ppl namely u!!

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2015, 08:35:45 PM »
No one wants to be my friend...

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2015, 09:50:21 PM »
What is love!!?

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2015, 11:13:42 AM »
@YS

People most certainly quit because of gear..  or slow their loggins down dramatically.  Not all but to say "people dont quit because of gear" is a  false statement.

This thread was meant to keep newbies from deadbeating.  Not really anybody who has chimed in is a newbie exept maybe one person.. Sart

We could send an email to you 3 days after I zap you, would that be helpful?

LOL,  drink your milk if you want to feel strong

snax

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2015, 10:29:58 PM »
I'll chime in.  I've maintained control of several lim 1s, and more than several, dare I say a plethora of lim 3s this wipe.  And I am a low tier player.

Any changes to gear loads should really really think heavily about it:  If I lose something I *WANT* to control, I will adjust an alarm on my phone after the first decay with an updated timer. and I'm not even hard core.  You adjust it, and someone who wants it enough will adjust you.s

There are several high end items that I'm pretty damn sure no one got last wipe because of the first 24 hours of my time, and I expect to repeat that this wipe if the wipe gets announced.  Just cause No one is sharing their skype/evernotes with me. 

On second thought despite my assertations I'm gonna rush, if you don't see a shout with the keyword "B**n*t***s" (to be revealed later if I do play and much later if I don't....) in the first few hours I'm not playing next wipe.  In which case go fight explore and try to solve some of the mid and low level zones that I'm the ultimate whore of.

Please for the love of all someone go pop greenen 2 hander sword and deep rent it all wipe, or better yet remove it next wipe.  It's not a dragon orb but it's like super stupid easy to pop and has a tendancy to do 120 damage/round PRELEGEND.

Gramm

• Zone Leader
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2015, 07:51:03 AM »
LIES! its been changed no more backdoor randy... woe is me. and if you are a low tier player... im miles davis...

snax

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2015, 11:21:22 PM »
LIES! its been changed no more backdoor randy... woe is me. and if you are a low tier player... im miles davis...

Hi miles et al!  Can I join your clan next wipe for like uhm 9 hours?  I am planning on rushing for a grand total of 1-3 days if the wipe is scheduled sometime convenient (PST NOON or better weekday ideally like 1700 PST).  If I can get in a rush group I'm willing to dk or druid.  But I'll only druid if you promise to give me heal cloud within a month even if I stop playing actively, and mass fresh within 12 hours.

The backdoor just fell a few rooms away maybe.  Of course I am probably making that up but daaamn for the fun of running to mister swampalompus wouldn't it be worth it to try =P ? *okay yeah I'm making it up*

Offer to buy ownership of your sword next wipe and taunt you a few minutes every months stands with the rest of the game if I play. =) Not that it really would be used other than at rent-in time just to cheapen my rent !!!!

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2015, 10:20:38 AM »
The backdoor just fell a few rooms away maybe.  Of course I am probably making that up but daaamn for the fun of running to mister swampalompus wouldn't it be worth it to try =P ? *okay yeah I'm making it up*

you didnt know it simply changed to stand 2.circle?

Gramm

• Zone Leader
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2015, 04:33:01 PM »
Sure randy, one temporary vip pass just for you.  But if you want cloud you are coming to earn it! ill be druiding too, and I will gladly spam healing cloud into 2 or 3 druids as fast as I can.