Author Topic: next wipe races alignment?  (Read 7287 times)

Morte

• Favorite Zone: Myth Stronghold
next wipe races alignment?
« on: November 16, 2015, 01:32:02 PM »
Does the alignment of the character legend unlock only one of the races?
I was considering playing an neutral or evil first will i be able to create a exotic race paladin next?

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
Re: next wipe races alignment?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 01:43:15 PM »
From my reading: yes and no I should say since you had 2 questions.

Morte

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 01:51:08 PM »
so if im evil when i get legend i get minotaur and if im good at legend i get gully? what if i play a race that can change alignment can i switch it to good align to create my sea elf  paladin?

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 03:08:23 PM »
I think maybe it means it unlocks that race to make a new character with. Is that what you're asking? Or are you trying to morph something into a gully dwarf at lvl 30/legend?

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 03:09:45 PM »
Well if you are good you would be dargo. My assumption is that your alignment is static set for creation purposes once you legend.

Rednax

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 03:14:08 PM »
I read it as, once you get a character to legend, you can make a new character as any of the exotic races.

jrrestad

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 03:17:11 PM »
When you reach legendary you have a new option in the start menu, a 5th option.  Once you log your legendary character you can pick option number 5 to roll a new character and the exotic races will be listed. 

This is the way it was before, and I don't see any reason for it to be different.

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2015, 03:28:10 PM »
I read it as, once you get a character to legend, you can make a new character as any of the exotic races.

I guess you can read it that way. Most people I think are reading it the other way.

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2015, 05:28:59 PM »

^this

Morte

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2015, 05:35:09 PM »
thanks for clearing that up i dont remember having exotic races before must have been that wipe or 2 i skiped.

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2015, 05:51:44 PM »

^this

Good I don't have to play another lame red robe to get gully dwarf shaman.

Hoodoo

• Zoner
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2015, 05:52:34 PM »
Honestly, I think the other way would be far more interesting and entertaining... I was excited about having to pick an alignment for legend!  (I read it like most people seem to have, that you get the align you legended.)   I thought it was an incredibly nifty idea, one of the better ones implemented in that note, when I first read it. 

Jason

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2015, 04:18:10 PM »
I disagree, I think it would be needlessly limiting players options. Our aging player base are more time poor every year (on average) and design should be mindful of our audience. Gone are the days where people have time to make a half dozen characters... mostly anyway. Restricting future character choices beyond the legendary requirement doesn't marry up with where we're at as a community, at least in my opinion. 

That's my two cents anyway :)

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2015, 04:31:35 PM »
I agree with Jorquin.  That's why an update on the wipe would be helpful.  Me included, I know several players who are trying to plan holidays, vacations, etc. around the wipe and it is dragging on and on.  If the exact date is unknown, i'm sure you still know its going to be either this day or that day by this point.  Thanks.

Rinad

• Immortal
  • Favorite Zone: Deep Mines
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2015, 06:19:15 PM »
Yeah I agree, next Thursday is Turkey Feast Day for us Americans and shopping weekend of death, then there are other obligations for most of us.    A lot of people need to ask for a day off ahead of time as well.  Even a ballpark idea would help.   I'm ready for some Chaos!    Let the new wipe begin!