Author Topic: Conjure Skill  (Read 3187 times)

Kadaj

• Zoner
Conjure Skill
« on: November 13, 2015, 09:23:05 AM »
For those of us who aren't going to be rushing in a well organized group and general soloing, the conjure skill seems so far out of reach when you turn 15-20 and the EXP needed goes up dramatically. It takes 3-4 spells to kill one mob, 2 tics resting to mem said spells and also to recup the hps from the beating you just took from tanking the warrior mobs that bash you and wallop you and your puny mage hp. My suggestion would be possibly changing the conjure skill to lvl 15 or even 20 and just reducing the conjure's melee hits to reflect the mage level.  Or not, just a thought.

Jorake

• Zone Leader
Re: Conjure Skill
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 10:18:16 AM »
What type of int are you rolling for that you need 2 ticks to mem 4 spells? Also, go for the faster/easier exp if you are taking that much damage. ALSO, with repose + bandage, you should be able to regen hps from fighting 1 mob or 2 mobs even while resting for the tic.

Now if you had said "give white robes back splintered mind" I'd of been on board with that!

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 10:23:38 AM »
Err that sounded more dickish than I intended. Sorry for that. I could care less if mages got conjure at lvl 5 10 15 bleh, doesn't matter. Would be cool to have a weaker version(non rankable version) of conjure at lower levels.

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 11:07:48 AM »
You can have 18 int and still mem 4 spells in a tic, one tic to mem, another tic to recup. Unless you take the time to haste yourself, you aren't going to gain 80 hp back in one tic, even bandaged and reposed. The regen on sub 45 aged characters is bapting awful. A non-rankable pet would be the best until you hit 25 and can rank the new ones. This idea will absolutely never happen and I have no idea why I even posted it.

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 12:57:45 PM »
I would guess not one idea has been implemented off this forum.  of course that is just a guess...  lol

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 01:09:16 PM »
I agree.  If you don't have a sugar momma feeding you books to help lvl through the grindy 15 to 25 lvls, it can be very time consuming and frustrating as a mage.  I would vote adding the conjure skill at 18, 20 at the latest.  By the time you are 25, you may be able to find a few groups.  So getting the charmie at 18 or 20 would be a big help getting the mage to the big leagues.

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2015, 06:17:17 PM »
Druids get cures and frags as well as conjure
Clerics get heals and frags
DKs can just spam soul leech and never miss with their spells aiding in hitroll/damage and not losing combat rounds
Paladins just lvl regardless because: paladins, also charmie
Scouts having ridiculous instincts that aid in dmg as well as camps
Once thieves get an autohide/sneak which is ridiculously easy, that's easy peasy leveling
Shamans get the best of all of the above
Barbarians get recup, healdance
I can't think of anything else. It would be an awesome way to aid the frail little mages in leveling who don't have a group.

Hoodoo

• Zoner
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2015, 11:39:42 PM »
A. Yes, I've gotten things fixed/implemented off this board, and I'm one of the least well connected (via immortals) people on this game.

B.  Mage levelling in that range requires much more careful selection of opponents than any other class, but it is doable quickly.  Just not the same way you're used to pounding through it as a melee.  Unless you're a red robe.  Red robes are completely bapted in this range.

C.  I still believe, as I've said repeatedly before, that conjure should be at 20.  It makes no goddamned sense at 25, it's too late.