Poll

Overall, which of the following tankish classes do you think is the weakest for zoning generally (solo or group play)

Barbarian
2 (5.7%)
Dark Knight
2 (5.7%)
Paladin
4 (11.4%)
Scout
18 (51.4%)
Warrior
4 (11.4%)
I think you should stop making polls
5 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: December 21, 2015, 10:09:28 AM

Author Topic: Weakest Tankish Zoning Class in the Game  (Read 10610 times)

Morte

• Favorite Zone: Myth Stronghold
Re: Weakest Tankish Zoning Class in the Game
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2015, 04:47:37 PM »
Grammar police.

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2015, 11:29:51 AM »
I do not think warriors are good tanks at all. They are so outclassed by barbs/paladins/dks and even scouts. i'd take a 550hp ocean scout tank over a 720hp warrior tank all day. The only issue with scout tanks is big stab damage like the thief in galans. I seem to recall ix tanking death giants in spire too. I in fact didn't want him to because I thought he'd die up super fast. There was a death or 2 but he wasnt one of them!

I don't want to see scouts go at all though. And i also liked old rangers. I'm hoping there will be some type of merger with these 2 classes but idk. Rangers dont need to bash. They will never = sky scouts in bows. They will never = oceans in tanking. They will never = mountain in sheer glass-cannon damage. But the thing about scouts is that none of them master all 3 realms. Tweak burst a bit. Lower volley damage on skys down to 4 targets(i think its 5 atm?). Put in some penalties for mountains when they thrash/anger or something. Leave oceans alone, because I think they are pretty balanced as is.

Also, add a monk and bard class. Because it sounds awesome!

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2015, 06:16:01 PM »
personally i couldn't care less what happens to scouts, i think the whole concept is silly.

furthermore mountain and sky scouts are both totally ridiculous, overpowered and boring. they require practically no equipment to destroy everything in sight, need like 2 skills trained each and are boring "hit and forget" characters.

Assist;anger;thrash;afk/alt-tab
aim <target>;shoot auto;volley;afk/alt-tab

i will not be sad if/when they disappear... ocean scouts are probably just the casualty of war in the situation (although that class concept is stupid as well imo)

snax

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2015, 08:09:28 PM »
"at"

Chisul

• Immortal
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Mage Tower
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2015, 08:48:02 PM »
Stone Dragon RIP

Finally killing that sucker made scouts fun for me. I've pushed the envelope with scouts more than any other class as far as exploration and solo zone attempts. I will be sad if/when they leave hunting down and killing instinct mobs made the class so fun. Now there is no adventure in finding the instincts because everybody knows the load locations. Just like pally and dk quests...

I know it's wierd, but fumble Nutting my way around and finding warg and fenris solo are some of my favorite memories. Also solo killing snow leopard in the hard load area...great times.

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2015, 06:30:56 AM »
Hahaha.. .As opposed to what? Thief? Warrior? DK? Paladin? assist/unbalance/coup*set a loop*,(insert your class name here + loop commands) You describing scouts like that is just funny. You can make every hitter class in the game like that. Assist script/autorescue script etc etc. And they are only boring if you intend to play them like you mentioned.

Also, these classes are so bapting over powered because of the legend system. When you can keep your main skill up constantly because the cooldown doesnt lap the usage, you have a  broken character.

I think it should be in terms of pk though really. Because zoning was broke a long time ago. You can say "they make it to easy" but thats bullshit. We did dunmir full with dk shaman barb druid. So lets nerf those classes too.

If you want to fix something, fix the healing system in the game. We have 3 diff classes that can solo heal most anything at different stages. Shamans have the potential to outdamage any scout via spirits. I remember doing massive amounts of damage on Gromski. Only thing I had was a huge sterling axe, ivory set from the library, and 5 spirits from HCT gates/inner. So then i cast amplify damage. Now all these spirits can standing annih. So I'm standing annih/mass, they are standing annih mass, and its every bapting round. So you can't sit and tell me how much damage scouts do and just ignore the obvious.

Nerf thieves too. I had someone do a test stab on me. Standing! I got stabbed through my last chance, it procd, and i still died.

If you remove scouts, you are removing a very cool aspect of the game for some people. The old rangers were boring as shit and could be done to just auto assist holding a bow just like scouts.

So nerf thieves, nerf shamans, nerf druids, nerf clerics with gates that can pick locks, nerf dk legend thrust damage, nerf lay/drain timers for dk paladins at legend, because it comes back to fast, Just remove the entire legend system. That will fix most balancing issues.

What a joke.

eddiex

• Zoner
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2015, 02:36:28 PM »
A lot of things need tweaking, but I think they wanted groups to be able to 5 man everything based on population. If that's the case then dunmir on 4 is a step in that direction. Scouts are boring as hell as a class. I'm not going to argue with those who fetishize them. That's like telling gramm that ancient green sword isn't a dragon orb level item.

As for character automation, there is no realistic solution beyond removing competition as a central aspect of the game. And that doesn't even completely solve the issue.

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2015, 04:55:21 PM »
Scouts are boring as hell as a class. I'm not going to argue with those who fetishize them.

i would agree with this, except i think i deleted the argument you are referring to from my memory because it was structured in a rude and condescending manner.

snax

Re: Let's nerf DKs some more.
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2015, 10:15:17 PM »
I promise I played once.  And this wipe I could count on a defensive stance thrust silencing a foe about 1 out of 80,000 times.  Meaning honestly this: As I encroached on rank 30, a defense thrust had yet to silence a single mob. . . .EVER.  OVER more than 100 hours of active playing and thrusting.  So yeah, nerf the damage also, because hell, they can almost thrust/elite gear 108 dam in a single round [[stance:offensive Thrust Prime 2d8 3/3 off 3d6 0/1  +7 dam on naked opponent single round calculations as far as I remember]] (which is almost as good as the half stacked thieves who can stab me standing in defensive stance for over 700), and by half stacked... (i mean less than 8 dam)....yeah...anyways rant rant....I won't play yet.  Let me know when I'm a 31 and I'll play again!

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2015, 01:25:45 PM »
Well my rant was a bit condescending. And.. if it hurt your feelings. Then I am deeply deeply.. no no I still don't care. Reread a few post above for reasons why.

Leave the shit in the game, in the game. Add more if you want. But don't take content out. Balance it. Tweak it. But taking out an entire aspect of the game isn't the answer.

The nerf stick is there for nerfing, not nuking. Knock it off

Ericj

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2015, 02:03:44 PM »
A geared paladin is a great tank, full legend ranks, steelskin and good gear.  Barbarians though are still top in my opinion.

Regarding the power of classes, the player base is low so who cares if zones can be 5 manned?  It gives folks who don't have 10man or large clan ability to play still.  It does enable those who do have large 10man clan/groups to steam role things but they should be able to find other zones that might slow them down a bit.

walters

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2015, 07:01:52 AM »
sounds like its settled then remove scouts and give mages rescue.

Morte

• Favorite Zone: Myth Stronghold
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2015, 10:18:59 PM »
should remove thief class they are the ones to broken. replace thief class with bard, ranger. then add renegade mage.

Lashric

• Favorite Zone: Bloodshoal
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2015, 10:37:56 PM »
Barbarians have into the breech...enough said.

Malaki

• Immortal
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2015, 07:26:11 PM »
My casters are better tanks than scouts, cause i roll them like tanks...