Poll

Scouts...

kill them with fire
16 (53.3%)
leave them alone
14 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: November 04, 2015, 02:18:51 PM

Author Topic: Scouts  (Read 12866 times)

Beryv

• Immortal
Re: Scouts
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2015, 11:56:41 AM »
Kill Scouts. Bring back ranger with a more traditional D&D flavor, spell them with some druid spells and shoot and some other scout skills. Kill hunt, just give them track and maybe a modifier so no class tracks better than rangers.

gulca

• Zone Leader
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2015, 01:07:06 PM »
I prefer that rangers not cast spells.

Instead they can use any wand and recite any scrolls that contain druid/mage spells. The spell level is limited by their recite skill etc.

This adds a little flavor than another class that cast spells.

Add charm animal skill usable 8 ticks stackable like normal charm monster spell.

Soma

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2015, 04:13:15 PM »
I'm a big fan of something closer to original rangers, but with some scout lessons included.  I like jrrestad's and Kadaj's suggestions the most so far.

I hate the shoot mechanic and far prefer the old ranger way of kill with a bow equipped, get extra attacks versus a single target.  I'm not a fan of volley.  Rangers should not get bash back.

I do not want tanking with bows to be the norm, and I want rangers to have reasons to use other weapons.  I like the D&D flavor of bows and dual wielding for rangers, and I'd like to see that emphasis in the next iteration -- bow for best damage in group, dual wielding for tanking.  I am ok with being able to attack with a bow equipped while tanking, so folks can train bows solo for instance, but I don't want it to be optimal.  Allowing bow attacks to happen while tanking but lowering the extra attack chance and not allowing fence/riposte to happen is a good medium ground.

I'm in favor of rangers casting spells for the D&D flavor as well, but I don't remember caring much for the spells outside of awareness back in the day.  Some cool ranger specific spells like there are for DK/paladins would be good, even if those came later.

I hope you go through with the rebirth of the ranger -- I'm very excited!

Super Tacoman

• Fodder
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2015, 08:11:12 PM »
it sounds like rangers are a long way off from being in the game.  as i understand it the question is - in the meantime would you rather have scouts in the game or nothing at all?

Morte

• Favorite Zone: Myth Stronghold
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2015, 08:58:27 PM »
Leave them in. they are strong but easy to kill if targeted just a glass cannon class.