Author Topic: Anti-Stun Items  (Read 3408 times)

corey

• Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Brogs
Anti-Stun Items
« on: March 05, 2013, 06:19:05 PM »
Why not introduce items that make you immune to player-based stuns (not holds) and disappearance mechanics (is the prism ray that makes you disappear entirely still in the game?). These items would be akin to lucky bone charms in which they would be punitive in nature, but add a decision to the player as to whether they want to wear it or not for a big fight.

This would take a little of the randomness of stuns out of the game.

Some ideas:
   - -100 hp
   - -concen(this is a bad one to play with)
   - -dam, reduced spell damage done
   - increase damage taken
   - reduce spell damage dealt
   - increase chance to be bashed(would make nobashes bashable(albeit still hardbash), a nobash nostun character would not be an option)
   - 10% chance to be blind for a round

Aristox

• Overlord
  • Zone Leader
Re: Anti-Stun Items
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 03:11:51 PM »
This is certainly an option.  I am shying away from it for now because I want to see how the changes this wipe pan out before going this route.

It would definitely be something to consider in a month or 2 once the nightmaring begins to get rampant.  Of course, I am hoping a few other changes will lessen the "nightmare is king" mentality.

corey

• Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Brogs
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 03:46:36 PM »
This is certainly an option.  I am shying away from it for now because I want to see how the changes this wipe pan out before going this route.

It would definitely be something to consider in a month or 2 once the nightmaring begins to get rampant.  Of course, I am hoping a few other changes will lessen the "nightmare is king" mentality.

Edit* We're still going to have to wait until Friday to see the class changes for the wipe / start speculating?

Aristox

• Overlord
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 03:47:31 PM »
Correct.