Author Topic: Item Loading Delay Timer  (Read 11362 times)

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
Re: Item Loading Delay Timer
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2015, 08:41:13 PM »
Clearly, all equipment in the game should be no_rent

Jarrad

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Isle of Shadows
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2015, 01:06:57 PM »
The idea that stuff decaying faster will make people play more is simply wrong. People in general have less time to devote to the game. I think the concept of norent versions of dragon orbs, nobashes, limit damages etc would make for a more even playing field, potentially diminishing the fear of taking gear into battles, because even if you lose it you can use the norent versions to fight another day. Also the few key fights that require these elite items become accessible to all clans...

eddiex

• Zoner
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2015, 01:41:04 PM »
I'm sorry jarrad but the idea of completely removing item limits is wrong.  Not really but the absurdity of your dismissal is. Making no rent items of everything devalues the entire concept of limiting items. If they last 1-2 hours that's not enough time to use them effectively. Consider how this effects wipe rush as well. In my opinion this proposal does very little to foster competition and takes away from the intrinsic value of items. Furthermore it really does nothing to address decay timers and deep renting. You should stop hijacking this thread and start your own if you want to propose a new idea that has nothing to do with decay timers or deep renting for that matter.  Making no limit versions of everything does not do anything to address an item not decaying in rent. Increasing decay rate could increase players gametime, by forcing them to log more often to maintain gear, or by putting more gear into the game for active players.

I hope next time you present some logical reasoning why something is "simply wrong" before completely dismissing it to replace it with whatever concept however unrelated you are pushing.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 01:50:02 PM by eddiex »

snax

Re: A more clever system
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2015, 09:42:11 PM »
The mysterious kender named Lameidea Ballsucks

1d9 chance of any given item in your inventory randomly decaying or being stolen anytime you rent or logon.  If you idle for more than 3 hours in the inn the kender rolls if you fail a dex check =P

Aristox

• Overlord
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2015, 05:55:16 PM »
How about:

All items decay every Tuesday at 4:20pm GMT.

Any complains about that system?

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2015, 06:37:47 PM »

Yes.

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2015, 07:01:22 PM »
If it all decays at 4:20 I might relive my first mardi-gras=arctic experience:
It must have been February 1994, I drank all day and most of the night and pulled into the RS6000 cluster on Tulane's campus some time around 3am.  I proceeded to gank every mob in Flotsam with the javelin which someone had given me from Faerie Kingdom, or so I thought.  After almost 2 hours of gameplay (and an encroaching modicum of sobriety) I realized my weapon had foomed in the first 180 seconds, but I was too drunk to notice and had been bashing merchants to death for 117 minutes.

ahhh, the good old days!
Anyway, 4:20 is a tough time for Gramm, maybe 4pm?  Give him 20 minutes to repop the greenen sword?

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2015, 03:46:34 AM »
yea 4:20 is mean, cant you just wait til like 4:35.. when half of us are ripe and ready!? that would just be cruel...and half of us would forget what we had before we left man...godman.. god. mangod

snax

Re: Aristox Bromance Loading Timer
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2015, 09:35:31 PM »
How about:

Any complains about that system?

Can we start our bromance next year man?  I think we're finally narrowing our wavelenghts and sardonic sense of humor within the same zetahertz range.

edit: typo: wavelenghts should read wavelengths
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 09:37:11 PM by snax »

jrrestad

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2015, 03:55:47 PM »
Simple fix.

Make every item unlimited and set % load chances.  5% for Cyan orb. 1/20 Cyan runs loads a dragon orb.  Oh no there's 2 Cyan Orbs!  Who cares.  This is a game intended for enjoyment.

This would make many zones viable options again.  So many of them become obsolete once all the gear is acquired.

Rhys

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2015, 05:47:15 PM »
Simple fix.

Make every item unlimited and set % load chances.  5% for Cyan orb. 1/20 Cyan runs loads a dragon orb.  Oh no there's 2 Cyan Orbs!  Who cares.  This is a game intended for enjoyment.

This would make many zones viable options again.  So many of them become obsolete once all the gear is acquired.

Well said, and remove locate object spell. It is so demoralizing to have in the back of your mind that someone with the time to run around locating zones has already 'checked' the shinies that you may come across.

walters

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2015, 11:29:54 PM »
2 cyan orbs? That's silly I would have my clan run it until we had 10 orbs then just pk anyone who went near the zone to try to load another. If their is no competition then that ruins the fun I'm glad we cant have 10 nobash orb'd druids in game would be pretty boring if we could max everyone out.

jrrestad

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2015, 02:59:06 PM »
2 cyan orbs? That's silly I would have my clan run it until we had 10 orbs then just pk anyone who went near the zone to try to load another. If their is no competition then that ruins the fun I'm glad we cant have 10 nobash orb'd druids in game would be pretty boring if we could max everyone out.

Yes but you're being silly. 
First, you're never going to have 10 orbs.  They'd still decay.
Second, who cares if you did.
Third, is that really what you'd do?  I'm strong so I must kill everyone.

There is very little competition in the game right now.  Is that why you still play?  To hoard all the shiney's and force people out?  I'm not saying it's the best thought, but this notion that we must keep everything contained and balanced may be a reason why the playerbase dwindles.  It's very daunting for most people to know they will never even have a chance at touching a dragon orb, even if they knew how to load one.

I'm not opposed to removing locate object, or at least making zones nolocate.  Nothing like spending 30minutes locating everything to decide what zone you want to run.

Rhys

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2015, 03:37:05 AM »

Working on a 5% load rate you would expect to run the zone 200 times and like mentioned assumes no decays. While you are doing that everyone else can have fun loading everything else in game.

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2015, 06:59:40 AM »
I don't know what the solution is. I do know that when i came back the 2nd time this wipe a few months ago, the only people playing really was myth. And despite being able to locate/lead 85% of the zones in the game... the only damn items that were loading was item set stuff. There should be no more nonrent decay items. Everything needs to be put on a timer I think. BIG hard to get items should be put on a 21-25day timer max. So if you want to keep something you have to play. No item should last longer than a month in or out of rent.