Author Topic: PITY WIPE  (Read 5436 times)

Jang Yoo Sung

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Storms Keep
PITY WIPE
« on: July 08, 2015, 12:55:59 AM »
ok let's just face it there isnt gonna be a lube project and i dont blame anyone everyone must be busy with their real life situation

so can we just have a pity wipe every now and then so i can enjoy this game till i die

ferum

Re: PITY WIPE
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 06:43:47 AM »
what is wrong with this wipe?

why is it so unplayable?

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 12:30:34 PM »
The problem with this WIPE is that the immortals continue to run people off this game that they have issues with and fail to communicate with their most loyal players who have to beg and plead for any information.  Arctic would be much better off handing the reigns to Sanjuro or Daniel for some fresh blood and enthusiasm at the top.  It's pretty sad to see this game die the way it has because no one is willing to stand up to Hoss.  Hoss has put in countless hours for Arctic, but his past history, grudges, and large ego are all getting in the way of letting this game thrive in the future.  I see Hoss log onto the forums, read posts similar to this thread, and simply not reply.  Why doesn't he reply?  Because its his sandbox, and nothing will change until he steps down or is removed from his position.

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 06:10:12 PM »
Classic Reed...

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 09:20:51 PM »
Why not make a response to the players for information instead of just ignoring everyone?  Do you even care about them or their interest in your game?????

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 07:07:42 AM »
It is amazing how the people in charge of this game choose to totally neglect it...  I think they are butt-hurt at this point and told us all to f-off.

DCPTY1986

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 07:59:33 AM »
Reed you're still playing this game?

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 11:09:58 AM »
Yeah, so do you, Abella!!!

btown

• Elder
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2015, 12:30:57 PM »
This isn't a game its real to some people.

btown

• Elder
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2015, 12:39:12 PM »
I would be interested in sneaking back into the game if i felt the game was moving forward. 

Would definately like some feed back from Aristox on the status quo.

Aristox

• Overlord
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2015, 05:48:29 PM »
I can give you guys some updates, but I will do it in a thread of my own later. Expect something this weekend.

btown

• Elder
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2015, 06:59:08 AM »
Sweet thx for responding

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2015, 12:28:15 AM »
Although it might not be the wisest move to give any credence or attention to Reed's message, I'm going to anyway. I can't speak for Sanjuro, but I can for myself.

Firstly, I wouldn't want Hoss's job. Honestly the way some players act can only be described as frustrating, deplorable and plain rude. For the most part these players are the minority, but they're usually the ones he has to deal with the most. It's unpleasant to mediate player disputes / tantrums / accusations / etc. I wouldn't want to be the "top guy" who's stuck dealing with it all, in fact I couldn't think of anything worse. How he hasn't gone postal already is beyond my understanding. I'd prefer to make death traps than play Judge Judy.

Secondly, I don't have the knowledge of Arctic systems or of computers in general to undertake the sorts of tasks required at higher levels. I can make specs and understand creation, but beyond that I'm fairly useless. Furthermore I have no particular desire to learn about these things unless they facilitate making more death traps or getting more death traps implemented!

I applied for a member of staff to provide new game content, improve old content and provide players with fun experiences. That's how I could give back (and still am giving back, though I've been a little distracted lately) to Arctic and help it stay alive. That is still my primary goal and I have zero intent of pursuing anything beyond that in the foreseeable future.

All that said you're right about one thing, I am way cooler than Hoss.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 12:29:49 AM by Jorquin »

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2015, 10:49:33 AM »
Removed my post, good luck Jorquin!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 11:14:48 AM by reed23 »