Author Topic: Stupid Terk  (Read 3969 times)

Neyman

• Fodder
Stupid Terk
« on: May 20, 2015, 08:20:22 AM »
I was cleaning out some files on my computer today and found some script I used to solve a part of deepmine. At the very end of the script was the commented line,

# Stupid Terk!

Anyway just made me nostalgic for my epic wars with the terkster. Very very one sided wars I should add.

Dont think I have any angry rants about Sanjuro. Just my blood coating the walls of his zone.

Anyway.

eddiex

• Zoner
Re: Stupid Terk
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 03:35:25 AM »
igor. do you still play at all? i want to explore...

BigHoot

• Favorite Zone: Nowhere
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 12:16:27 AM »
Looks like Theros now shares your sentiment.

Neyman

• Fodder
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 04:10:18 PM »
Nah I havent played in about 2 months. Was a pretty fun wipe. Learned how to play a thief and shaman, made progress on a bunch of high level zones too I think. At some point though it just got too hard to explore. I'd have a decent idea of what to do in a zone, have thoughts for the next step where I got stuck, but it would either take 3+ hours with a small group, or just be impossible to wrangle a large group. For example, I have a pretty good idea of what to do next in shoal, just found it super hard to get people. Tried going in small groups, with lots of prep and strategy, but after like 4 hours of super tense fights, repopping prep, swaping chars depending on the situation and CRing over and over, I'd be pretty exhausted by the time we got to the next puzzle, not to mention basically out of time. I remember once we got pretty far in ravenshadow, only to realize we explicitely needed a cleric, and there was none online. Or one time I kept trying to get people for dargo because solinari was finally full ... but again no luck. Became frustrating and eventually I started doing more and more dangerous stuff solo, get far into a zone, only to die and then have it repop before I could run back to CR. Finally I would log two chars on, have one sit in a safe room in the zone and play the other so at least the zone wouldnt repop when I died. So basically cheating, and of course eventually that got my chars deleted. Tried to play more, but yeah, had lost interest by then. Still sorta curious about some of the zones we'd explored, but not curious enough to actually play.

Probably too much info, but felt like griping :)

Actually its funny Theros was mentioned. I remember when I first started playing, I looked at that sign and was like "who is Terk and why does he suck?". Little did I know what lay ahead.

Igor

eddiex

• Zoner
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2015, 06:02:31 PM »
aww man its a shame. well ill try to KIT then for when you can come back.  i just recently started playing again a little, but i completely understand how frustrating it can be. happy trails buddy.

oom

• Zoner
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2015, 09:17:37 PM »
Not that I ever play more than a few hours a week lately (sorry clanMyth), but it's a shame you got deleted even if you were technically cheating. If arctic had even 3 or 4 more players as dedicated to solving and exploring as you (while involving others) this game would be doing a lot better than it is.

You might not know it but you were darn near legendary among some circles for your amazing ability to solve stuff.

Neyman

• Fodder
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2015, 11:08:45 PM »
Heh thanks. Not sure if it was amazing ability or just stubbornness, but we definitely solved some fun zones and puzzles! Though sometimes the best were the ones totally solved by accident, like neraka. Good times!