Author Topic: multing  (Read 7537 times)

ghostride2000

multing
« on: April 25, 2015, 11:03:16 AM »
is it legal or no so am system message yesterday saying you could

Hoss

• Elder
Re: multing
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 09:30:05 PM »
No, it is technically not legal.

I will say that we are discussing the rules around playing more than one character at a time and that it may change soon. My personal outlook on it is that while I do not mind people enjoying the game with more than one character logged in at a time, there is always 1-2 rotten apples that use that mechanic to gain unfair advantages on others. More to come.

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 10:08:17 AM »
Rise will be back to claim its dominance when Multtiing is allowed.  On behalf of the 20 players of RISE who are not currently playing, we thank you for thinking about the well being of the game.

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 11:34:24 AM »
I will warm up my pdelete alias and await your return.

ghostride2000

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 05:25:50 PM »
i think it would be cool for players that can't find a group to be able to have 2 people on but on the other hand i see how people will use it to just run around and kill people

snax

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 09:22:05 PM »
if imms didn't discourage people like me from playing, and accepted the occasional rant and rave (moments of instability) perhaps the game would have about 20 law-abiding-decent-players more than it currently has.  Of course I'll accept the self aggrandizing slamdown. But I've went from playing about 90-140 hours a week to 10 min - 3 hours a month.  And when you lose the neutrals your game loses.  So meh.  Go ahead and multi, and have a noppa/leviathon/riverwind mud.  Cause I've lost interest, and I've closed up shop.

When the playerbase turns into 1-5 logons of 10x multiers in three years, all this work will finally be unravelled.

xellos

• Zoner
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2015, 10:03:55 PM »
reed you are on your own, buy a real computer already.
you can come play with us and the mythlings that have taken up arms with us on that other game.
me and jack will never play arctic seriously again while Hoss has control.
btw im coming to utah this summer!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 10:08:49 PM by xellos »

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 02:53:21 AM »
and accepted the occasional rant and rave (moments of instability)

This is a little off topic, but I thought it was relevant to the quote above.

People who voluntarily give up their free time to help maintain a game that others enjoy should be extended some level of respect from those that benefit from their efforts. If you approach grievances in a mature and respectful fashion, I (and I'm sure all the other other immortals) will listen and attempt to help out as much as we can, unless for whatever reason we're too busy at that specific time. If you choose to speak to one of us in a rude, abusive or disrespectful manner or otherwise attempt to treat one of us like dirt then you're probably not going to get very far. Depending on which person you're speaking to you might get a swift backhand instead.

This isn't in relation to any particular issue either past or present, just something to keep in mind.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 02:54:54 AM by Jorquin »

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2015, 08:28:59 AM »
Tim** - Utah bro!  Me you and Hoss can do lunch when you are here.  Similar to Eurocon, maybe Hoss will pass us some sweet Blood Shoal KWs!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 09:19:09 AM by reed23 »

Baxter

• Immortal
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2015, 08:22:21 PM »
if imms didn't discourage people like me from playing, and accepted the occasional rant and rave (moments of instability) perhaps the game would have about 20 law-abiding-decent-players more than it currently has.  Of course I'll accept the self aggrandizing slamdown. But I've went from playing about 90-140 hours a week to 10 min - 3 hours a month.  And when you lose the neutrals your game loses.  So meh.  Go ahead and multi, and have a noppa/leviathon/riverwind mud.  Cause I've lost interest, and I've closed up shop.

When the playerbase turns into 1-5 logons of 10x multiers in three years, all this work will finally be unravelled.

There may be some correlation between instability and dedicating 90-140 hours a week to a videogame.  Maybe the imms are actually doing you a favor.

snax

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2015, 10:23:47 PM »

There may be some correlation between instability and dedicating 90-140 hours a week to a videogame.  Maybe the imms are actually doing you a favor.

Oh hell yeah there's a correlation and causation.  Refinanced my mortgage, shaved off 7 years, and my payment went down the first wipe I gave up on this game. all other shit is +8 modifier of insta-slaying.  Still un/under employed, but at this point in time that is a matter of preference and not necessity.  Thankfully someone pointed me to the (advert) genesight (/advert) psychotropic test,  and let finally after bapting a million years me to get my meds adjusted.  Hooray science.

(forgot the link, and already went through all of this, but google it if you're bat shit crazy like me and/or nate)

Hoodoo

• Zoner
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2015, 04:24:15 AM »
Site found, idea gleefully stolen.  Thanks, man, from the batshit crazy squad.

eddiex

• Zoner
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2015, 08:03:11 PM »
First compelling arctic news I've seen since my unceremonious departure months ago. I'd consider playing again if I had two chars. Spotlight always seems to shine on the stars anyway so I'm well aware of what happens if I deemed a nuisance.

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2015, 09:19:26 PM »
Eddie - This allowance of multiing would make your longgggg offseason from the Lions go by a lot faster!

eddiex

• Zoner
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2015, 10:56:12 PM »
Haha, I agree. Nfl offseason is grueling. Been listening to the chronicles of dragon lance on audiobook at work so that also got me thinking about my once favorite hobby.