Author Topic: Decrease coin value of quest items  (Read 3349 times)

Neyman

• Fodder
Decrease coin value of quest items
« on: March 30, 2015, 03:34:38 PM »
I think lines like this are becoming all too common at the world merchant and smith:
65. Mask               1000 the bronze mask of a sahuagin prince
Basically what people are doing is blasting through the zones, grabbing all the quest items, hitting the coin mobs, and then selling them at the smith. I'm guilty of this too ... I have a whole routine I do to get maximum coinage in minimal time that involves selling these quest items.

I think making these items sell for a lot at the smith was initially great to drum up interest in the zones, but maybe its time to make the poor sahuagin prince's mask sell for a wee-bit less? On the other hand maybe this is too late ... I get the feeling everyone has 1M+ coins now floating around so who really cares.

gulca

• Zone Leader
Re: Decrease coin value of quest items
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 01:57:39 AM »
What purpose will this serve?

I can go about making 10 million coins and it wouldn't affect the next guy. I know because I have done that once, and it hasn't affected you has it?

There is really no ground breaking stuff you can do with huge stacks of coins in the game.

Legend ranks cost 230k, stronghold cost like 6mill per clan (divide that up among members). You probably just need like 500k-700k coins per wipe.

So why even think about this when there are probably many other things that are broken and need discussion.

Neyman

• Fodder
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 01:45:14 PM »
What purpose will this serve?

I thought this was obvious actually: to discourage people from breaking a zone just to get coins. It is super annoying to prep up for something only to find a prep item is unavailable because someone killed one of the mobs for coins, or the quest item is gone because someone took it but hasn't sold it yet.

All I'm saying is that there are lots of ways to get coins, but I think quest items or mobs doesn't need need to be a source of coins ... as you said, there are already plenty of coins out there!

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 09:58:01 PM »
A good rule of thumb is to check the world merchant right after you log.  This will tell you some very important information (i.e. which zones have been run in the last few hours) and also can save you some valuable time.  For rankwhores (tm) like me it helps me make decisions about how to spend the 25 minutes I have during my lunch break before the students return to class.  It will also save some time on quests - just check it, pony up and buy the mask!

eli

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 08:03:07 AM »
A good rule of thumb is to check the world merchant right after you log.  This will tell you some very important information (i.e. which zones have been run in the last few hours) and also can save you some valuable time.  For rankwhores (tm) like me it helps me make decisions about how to spend the 25 minutes I have during my lunch break before the students return to class.  It will also save some time on quests - just check it, pony up and buy the mask!

Only to have it decay 1-2 tics later.

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 10:23:45 AM »
At which point at least the item will pop again when the zone repops.  If it is limit 1 and its at the world merchant that probably won't happen...

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 05:13:48 PM »
I don't imagine there are many limit 1 NO_RENT quest items that can be sold to the world merchant, if any.
If there were said quest items and they did not load, at least you would know where to look for them.

Feel free to message me the details of any NO_RENT quest related item that can be sold to merchants if you feel it is unbalanced/unfair.

Also GO CANUCKS GO............ just saying.