Author Topic: 3 DAYS OF RENT WARNING EMAIL  (Read 12002 times)

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
3 DAYS OF RENT WARNING EMAIL
« on: February 03, 2015, 09:12:03 AM »
Just like the subject says.  When you hit 3 days of rent or less you get an email warning you.

Is this doable?  Why isnt it a good idea Jorquin and Brafu?

Brafu

• Zoner
Re: 3 DAYS OF RENT WARNING EMAIL
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 09:07:34 PM »
Because you came up with it.

Lyam

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 08:33:41 PM »
is this to help the deep renters know when to log on and ask for coins?

Brafu

• Zoner
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 05:37:27 PM »
The idea isn't terrible, but as Lyam mentioned it would probably be used more for people deep renting eq, or for people who are not playing who have nice eq (not exactly the same as deep renters) so they don't lose their shinies.

Honestly, I think the benefits of having a few deep renters deadbeat a lot of shinies outweighs the casual player who forgets about the game and loses their so so eq. It's not that I want to punish casual players, but I just don't want people deep renting limited eq to get a heads up when they need to log and get some cash.

btown

• Elder
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 09:30:21 PM »
I think its a good idea and would help get people logging in.  Instead they will log in 2 days late with no eq then just quit.

They might do that anyway who knows

Brafu

• Zoner
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 01:31:10 AM »
You could be right, I don't know. I don't know a lot of stuff though, so that isn't a surprise =P

SArT

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Anything outside of Arctic
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 09:47:09 AM »
As someone who quits this game all the time and deadbeats I still think this idea has no merit.  My friends will re-equip my main easier than toss me another buttload of cash so that I can go back to not playing.

I think the true use that Brandon is going for here is for storage characters.  I don't know if he would admit to it.. but that is where the usefulness of this email would come in. 

Gear needs to recycle.  Increase the decay rate algorithm exponentially when rented and slow it way down for active players.  Keep the gear for people that are actually playing.  If only rented a day then decay rate is = to in game.. 2 days x2, 3 days x 4, 4 days x 8...  If I havent played for 2 weeks straight.. it is because I am playing some other game and I don't deserve to keep any limit gear away from the people that actually play daily.

btown

• Elder
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 10:56:31 AM »
Contrary to popular believe everybody don't have friends with a ton of extra eq to toss out.

Also there does exist neutral noobies who log ocassionally.  I happen to know a couple of them!

This post was in the interest of everybody who gets side tracked.

There is nothing wrong with reminding people that their character is about to deadbeat.

As far as deep renters go i dont know any.  But i just moved and with lack of activity the last week one person didnt log on their chars and deadbeated.   He isn't a deep renter and plays pretty actively but he was playing a lower lvl char and forgot to log his alts.

An email would have saved his chars eq most likely.  I mean most of us get email alerts to our phone.

Also i quit playing this game for over 5 years or more at one point and the only reason i ever came back was over a random Arctic Mud email

Myte

• Fodder
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 09:55:25 PM »
As someone who quits this game all the time and deadbeats I still think this idea has no merit.  My friends will re-equip my main easier than toss me another buttload of cash so that I can go back to not playing.

I think the true use that Brandon is going for here is for storage characters.  I don't know if he would admit to it.. but that is where the usefulness of this email would come in. 

Gear needs to recycle.  Increase the decay rate algorithm exponentially when rented and slow it way down for active players.  Keep the gear for people that are actually playing.  If only rented a day then decay rate is = to in game.. 2 days x2, 3 days x 4, 4 days x 8...  If I havent played for 2 weeks straight.. it is because I am playing some other game and I don't deserve to keep any limit gear away from the people that actually play daily.

Absolutely. I quit all the time too and I never expect my EQ to be there when I come back (if for some reason I didn't already give it to my clan mates). If you're in danger of dead beating, you probably should dead beat. Quit hoarding all the gear and not playing. If you can't be bothered to log in once a week to check rent or do a CT run, that's your problem. As for the filthy casuals, world merchant eq is good enough for them. Let them deadbeat.

Thymorical

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Abyss
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2015, 06:51:53 PM »
at that point dont you think they might have all ready quit?

btown

• Elder
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2015, 12:26:09 PM »
Are you talking to yourself?

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2015, 02:28:33 PM »
We could send an email to you 3 days after I zap you, would that be helpful?

eli

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2015, 01:37:01 PM »
/sarcasm

Jarrad

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Isle of Shadows
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2015, 06:37:39 AM »
Lol @ all the Brandon hate. Seems like a decent idea in fairness... My 2 cents

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2015, 12:45:40 PM »
If you are dumb enough to let your gear die in rent, you are not worthy of it!