Author Topic: Strong Hold Inns  (Read 3251 times)

Hoyt

Strong Hold Inns
« on: January 09, 2015, 09:45:26 AM »
This is just a little bit of a complaint.  With the increase cost to rent in a strong hold INN should come some protections.  Non clan should not be able to enter it.

snax

Re: Strong Hold Inns
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 10:54:04 AM »
This is just a little bit of a complaint.  With the increase cost to rent in a strong hold INN should come some protections.  Non clan should not be able to enter it.
I'm not sure how this idea played out in your head so I'm just going to go with the logical question...

...and how would you feel when someone pk'd you and ran to THEIR stronghold and you had 0% chance to get them while they distributed your gear into the wind after the flags wore?

(now you might surmise that "but flagged players can't go into peace rooms) -- so they just make a 3 room tunnel, with the inn in the middle and rit/summon past the peace room, and you still are back to the original question)

SArT

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Anything outside of Arctic
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 12:51:42 PM »
...and how would you feel when someone pk'd you and ran to THEIR stronghold and you had 0% chance to get them while they distributed your gear into the wind after the flags wore?

(now you might surmise that "but flagged players can't go into peace rooms) -- so they just make a 3 room tunnel, with the inn in the middle and rit/summon past the peace room, and you still are back to the original question)

Randy you know full well plenty of these places already exist in the game.

I like the idea of further upgrades to the clan stronghold.. with the ability to add mobiles and upgrade them.  Making the clan tag a mob detectable stat on players like alignment.  You can set your stronghold guards to be agro.  Maybe even have high end content drop items needed to put specific guard types in play.

Then have penalties for your stronghold being sieged that scale with size. 

Hoyt

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 08:56:44 AM »
You could make it so you can't add rooms past the inn itself.  Clans make inns to rent to stay out of the General public areas so they can prep  and what not, whats the point if other clans can just set a spy char in the inn and look at everyone. 

Joseph Norton

• Fodder
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 11:14:00 PM »
When Strongholds came into play I was stoked. You could use them as a "safe" haven and meeting point for your clan. They cost a lot of coins to have,and with the rent so high,and every character can go into them It is not what I had in mind.

I think It should be made that only clan members can go into peace room(Inn)... but if a flagged person is in there then it is a regular room....no peace...no clan tag only....The stronghold guards are a nice addition, However, employing guards would add to the cost of rent, as well as a substantial fee to begin their services... and there would have to be a limit set on the guards a small/medium/large clan could employ.

To prevent the "tunnel" that was mentioned earlier:
An in has to be in its own room with only one exit. Once the Inn is established there can be no more building onto the Stronghold.

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 01:43:40 AM »
So, for strongholds right now you can get...

• Access to a high-ish level, repairing blacksmith / world merchant hybrid
  • Access to a variety of nice alchemical products in unlimited numbers
  • A bank and communal vault right next to your rent location
  • The ability to choose the location for your inn out of the numerous options around the world, rather than being restricted to specific major cities
  • A peace room inn where you can cast spells - currently unavailable anywhere other than clan strongholds
  • A rent location / staging area for your playing group that potential enemies cannot log in from
  • Numerous other optional things available I'm not going to list since it would make this post excessively long

The benefits provided by a clan stronghold are already really, really good. Adding additional features seems pretty unnecessary. You should also keep in mind many players of Arctic spend a lot of time looking for ways to exploit and abuse systems for their own benefit. Any sort of protection type system whether it be hire-able guards, blocking the entry of non-tagged people, or whatever else you imagine would almost certainly be abused in one way or another. The bottom line is that the way Arctic is designed (limited equipment, full equipment loss on death) will always make some people act in scummy and villainous ways, and no amount of protection systems will prevent them from finding ways to be jerks... it's a part of the game.

Brafu

• Zoner
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 06:39:12 PM »
All I will add is that I would like to see some method for preventing non-tagged chars from just camping a SH inn to watch a clan. I won't suggest simply preventing all non-clan chars from entering, but perhaps an eject command that would only work on sub 30 chars (or perhaps sub x rank chars) and then flag them no-entry for maybe 5-10 min. But the person would have to actually be in the inn at the time for the command to work.

I don't, personally, think having some method to get rid of a trash spy in a SH inn would be too out of line in regards to the purpose of SH's.