Author Topic: idea: when legendary, go back to level 1  (Read 3230 times)

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
idea: when legendary, go back to level 1
« on: December 11, 2014, 10:28:26 PM »
what do people think of characters going back to level 1 as soon as they legend (maybe allow a race change)?

gulca

• Zone Leader
Re: idea: when legendary, go back to level 1
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 12:19:42 AM »
For what purpose?

Hoodoo

• Zoner
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 01:27:17 PM »
This is called a 'remort' system, and it usually involves one of two things:

1. Remort with more stats than non-remorts: If you want an even more unbalanced feel between legend and non-legend, start letting people add 1 or 2 to each stat or get progressively higher stats with each remort.  Trust me, you'll see people remorting 2-3-4 times so fast your head will spin.

2.  Remort for a new race/class option.  Balance problems again. What would we choose?  The only class this mud used to have that it doesn't now is assassin: I don't think we need remorted sneak-stab-bashers in game, really.

Remort systems work mostly when you have an actual challenge hitting max level... last mud I saw with one used a 90level system and allowed botting. 

This is *not* an addition I would welcome to Arctic. 

Jason

lurker

• Fodder
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 10:04:19 AM »
1. Remort with more stats than non-remorts: If you want an even more unbalanced feel between legend and non-legend, start letting people add 1 or 2 to each stat or get progressively higher stats with each remort.  Trust me, you'll see people remorting 2-3-4 times so fast your head will spin.

Re-rolls with more stats than first-rolled characters. If you want an even more unbalanced feel between newbies and veterans, start letting people add 1 or 2 or 5 to each stat by re-rolling. Trust me, you'll see people re-rolling dozens and dozens of characters to get perfect stats, it'll make your head spin.

Just sayin.