Poll

Should item set stats be displayed to players?

Yes
52 (80%)
No
4 (6.2%)
Don't care
3 (4.6%)
checkbox
6 (9.2%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Voting closed: December 09, 2014, 11:30:12 AM

Author Topic: Item Set Feedback  (Read 33884 times)

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
Re: Item Set Feedback
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2014, 01:13:06 PM »
Mage set looks VERY WEAK.  am i wrong?

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2014, 01:31:42 PM »
It is, because the only real benefits a halfway spelled mage is getting out of it is:

HIT by 20
Target resist by 10
Spell slots by +1 for all spell levels
Spell damage done by 10%
NIGHTVISION

All of which you can get +more stuff from high tier equipment that isn't that hard to load (not talking cyan/blaze/etc.)

The other stuff is fluff: most mages have 22-25 nat int these days and with legend int isn't hard to deal with to get 28. Dex and casting level is worthless with all the high tier gear out there and mental acuity. The bonuses to the skills are worthless. And all the other effects aren't really helping a spelled mage.

Dunno how you would make this set worth using without overpowering it though.

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2014, 06:58:56 PM »
that depends how you look at it

if you assigned one of those five affects/flags you listed to one item each, then the remainder of the set bonus to the sixth item they would all be really good individually... and that doesn't include any stats on the pieces themselves.

also generally mages don't have access to many good leg/armworn items, hand items are often quite forgettable for mages too (there are a few exceptions, but anyway...). given the slots this set occupies i'd say it is strong, seeing as it leaves open rings, necks, wrists, about and waist - which is where most of the shinies go anyway. when you consider what you would usually be wearing on a mage on the slots which the set occupies it is really quite good.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 07:02:56 PM by Jorquin »

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2014, 07:09:29 AM »
I am just comparing them vs all of the rest of the sets

mage set is by far the weakest I think IMO

enochvey

« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2014, 10:12:46 AM »
Going to miss the hardbash on the barb set ugh.. Then again, this is coming from someone who at times has chosen to wear armaboro over most non-set items in the game simply because of how much I hate bash in general, and even more so when tanking, so admittedly I am biased here.

The power reduction seems reasonable, except for the fact that Jonas will be happy that he can chain bash me again in the middle of zoning--which is terrible from a game design stand point. The solution to which is to make me No_bash vs any and all bashers Jonas ever plays.

On a serious note...  The change is significant enough that if I was offered the same elite item I refused a week ago in order to maintain the 6 set, I would accept it now even though it would break the 6 piece. I'm guessing that sort of behavior is exactly what was/is intended in terms of balance. Though I will certainly miss the hardbash, and would exchange the nocharm/npp etc on the set to get it back if given the chance, it does give me some more freedom now in terms of what I'm using if I get another chance at that elite item or those like it.

eddiex

• Zoner
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2014, 12:05:24 AM »
Am i missing something? I don't see where it said hard-bash was removed from barb set and i also didn't see that change in the item set sticky

enochvey

« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2014, 01:03:51 PM »
Wierd, thought I saw the flag gone on the sticky, but it's there now. I may have just missed that before.

Viper

« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2014, 03:16:07 PM »
Perhaps just a bit to powerful through comparison of alternative gear
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 12:07:27 AM by Viper »

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2014, 03:07:56 PM »
We have taken another pass through the class sets and reduced some of the attributes that we considered put them over the top. We continue to look for your feedback and appreciate what we have received so far.

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2014, 07:41:34 PM »
Full midnight set for sale. Will trade for practically anything.

On a serious note, these changes don't warrant keeping the set in any way.  I would maybe use it to level a new character but that's all it really looks good for.  The amount of bonuses vs maintaining is just not there. It looks like a set to level an alt but even that is a stretch.

Glad I'm back to s mage main who needs nothing but CL gear.
Druid set lost 5 resist each while the rogue set has lost 4 damage, 20% regen and more.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 07:43:19 PM by Kadaj »

Neyman

• Fodder
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2014, 01:33:42 AM »
Full midnight set for sale. Will trade for practically anything.

I will gladly take that set from you! Thanks!

And maybe thats the point ... you seem like a seasoned experienced player who has a legend everything and knows where the shiniest of the shinies load. I on the other hand have an odd assortment of random gear I somehow happened to come across that "seemed thiefy" because maybe it has some +dex or something. So instead of collecting this set, go hang out with cyan/blaze/whatever and get some ultra fancy shinies, and pass on this set not worth keeping to less experienced players ... like me!

I actually sort of like the idea of these sets as "hand me downs" ... elite players pop them early on and use them, and then eventually toss/sell them to less experienced players as the wipe moves on. This sort of almost reminds me of the spell hunt: as the game progresses and the "elite" players get all the spells, eventually spellbooks/charms/tabs start becoming cheaper and more available, until its like 6 months into the wipe and you can finally get all the spells you need to really check out a new class of mage/shaman/cleric etc and be able to really explore now that you are buffed up enough.

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2014, 04:52:38 AM »
The amount of time/effort it goes into putting a 'fancy' set isn't worth it to me. So I guess these sets are good for the thief that logs on and loads books and logs off.  My thief has been demoted to honorary book runner.  It's just easier to roll a mage and be done with it :P

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2014, 11:19:31 AM »
Druid set lost 5 resist each while the rogue set has lost 4 damage, 20% regen and more.

The thief set lost 2 damroll and 2.5% critical chance.

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2014, 12:49:19 PM »
Originally 4 damage and 60% regen and 5% crit,  so yeah 4 damage, 2.5% crit and 20% regen. But removing all damage instead of other more utility stats is not very good. Auto sneak/hide can be found elsewhere,  remove the disable or retaliate and add something else. 10% damage done on the dk  set is pretty good, rings, neck, wrists open to stack damage.  It went from a really good set, to an OK set to an alt set, which is what my thief is now. The mage set needs some work, the druid set should be toned down a bit. Just my thoughts.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 12:51:56 PM by Kadaj »

enochvey

« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2014, 06:05:28 PM »
with the recent nerfs can we up the drop rate on the barb set please?  0 out of 4 for loads today on group-needed mobs.