Poll

Should item set stats be displayed to players?

Yes
52 (80%)
No
4 (6.2%)
Don't care
3 (4.6%)
checkbox
6 (9.2%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Voting closed: December 09, 2014, 11:30:12 AM

Author Topic: Item Set Feedback  (Read 30829 times)

Hoss

• Elder
Item Set Feedback
« on: December 02, 2014, 11:30:12 AM »
We would like to hear your feedback regarding class item sets to see if we have hit the mark or need to adjust.
  • How is the power balance for both 4 piece and 6 piece (too weak, just right, too stronk)?
  •    

• I think the sweet spot here is that a player would want to maintain either the 4 piece or 6 piece until they get better end game gear, or want a different customization for their character. The class sets were created to support the primary function of each class (tanking, damage, healing).
    •    
  • How is the load rate and load locations?
    • I hopefully set these up so that the higher load rates are found on the more difficult load locations.

We have started working on the older sets and will be adding them back into the game over the next few weeks. Not all of the old item sets will make it back into the game, however we may adjust some item stats to compensate if a set does not return. The goal for these non-guild sets is to allow for different levels of customization while not duplicating the existing class sets. For example, the scorched steel set from Dargaard Keep might be designed for Dark Knight tanks, where as the Dark Knight class set is focused on damage.

I hope you have enjoyed playing with the class item sets thus far and look forward to your feedback.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
Re: Item Set Feedback
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 12:28:07 PM »
I think the only info we need/want from sets would be the effects of each named bonus so that when a person sees something like radiant apostle in their score, they can look it up.  I dont think we need to know what pieces belong in the set or how many pieces are needed for the bonus. I do like the idea of lower tier sets (mishakal's blessing and shaman of the bones). they were better than nothing but if you played the character seriously you would quickly break it as better stuff came along.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 01:16:21 PM by gnua »

Kafilat

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 12:52:25 PM »
I think the power balance seems decent on the 4 piece set - I haven't yet gathered six of any set so can't speak to those bonuses, but the bonuses on the 4 piece set felt appropriate.

I think the load rate is not great but not terrible; I do think there should be slightly more load locations and the load rate should be representative of the difficulty for an *average* group to kill the mobs in question.  I do like that there seem to be options for solo players to load set pieces on occasion, though I'm not sure if that's for all the sets or just the ones I've noticed.

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 01:05:42 PM »
As an owner of 6/6 Midnight Rogue and 6/6 Lord of shields the relative ease at which to load them and load rate is pretty solid.  The only thing I really wish is knowing EXACTLY what it does.  Sure checking out stats and certain flags are easy but some just, aren't. Knowing what the full sets give would give players a better understanding on if they want to pursue the set or not based on the gear they currently have.

Vespin

• Guardian
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 01:06:59 PM »
the 4 piece power for the druid (the only one i've personally played around with) seems pretty good.  One thing i object to is the vast increase of nightvision flags on the headworns.  i'd hate to see it as commonplace as the detect invisibility flag.

eddiex

• Zoner
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 02:05:27 PM »
I agree with vespin that to me it is a bit ridiculous that every headworn of these sets has a nightvision flag.  I am for the transparency of stats on the set.  From what i've seen my 5-6 pieces of pretty limited gear is not much better than the 6 piece thief set.

Neyman

• Fodder
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2014, 02:12:57 PM »
As the only vote for not showing set bonuses, I realize i am in the minority, but I think it adds to the fun to actually spend some time testing a set to see if it's hard bash, or immune heat, +stats, etc. Not everything in this game has to be about racing through zones on a 10man group at warp speed.

I would really like the "easy" load location for the shaman set changed ... it turned a fun questy zone into some thing that got spammed like crazy. I was guilty of spamming it too but its hard to say no to trying to pop the set item when it takes 1 minute.

The full barb set seems quite balanced, appropriate, and worth it, especially pre legend, though maybe too easy to load (I think I'm going to regret saying this!)

The NV perk should be from sets I think, not item. But maybe I'm just annoyed that my nv prep spots are worth less now. Though it matters less now that everyone has nightfall.

enochvey

• Fodder
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2014, 02:19:35 PM »
I don't think the load rate for the barb set is where it needs to be right now. I don't know the supposedly solable load location, but from the three other locations I do know (all of which require a decent group), I've seen less than a 33% drop rate.

It's difficult to motivate the clan to go when people have already gotten whatever spells they need from that mob and the drop rate is so low you're not even sure sometimes if you rememer getting the drop from that mob correctly.

Because of the low drop rate, I can't comment on the set bonus. Most I ever had was three pieces.

enochvey

• Fodder
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2014, 06:49:59 PM »
Well we got a piece to drop today which was nice, except now we run into a new problem. Yes, I edited this to remove mob name and kw.

834H 65V 1X 1.42% 784C Exits:W> You ****** a thick hide of fiery red dragonscale to the *********
A ********** says 'Yeah, I can make you something with that.'

A ********* takes the hide from you and gets to work,
however he somehow manages to make a complete mess of the job.

A *********** says 'Sorry, but I failed to make you anything useful.'

As far as I know, no other set does this. So not only is there the poor drop rate, but now the item required for the set doesn't always work?  This is really not good.

Neyman

• Fodder
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2014, 07:32:39 PM »
I've had this happen to me too. Perhaps it means that the item he was going to make you is maxed. I'm not sure but I think with sets in the previous wipe, there often a "limiting" item that effectively maxed how many full sets there could be. Or maybe its something like the probability of a fail increases as the number of outstanding set pieces increases (i think this would be awesome but somehow I doubt thats whats going on).

Also I think its funny you hid the "keyword" rather than the fact it is a hide that you need to do something with. I would have thought that the latter is a bit more subtle :)

muddeer

• Fodder
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2014, 08:21:39 PM »
way too much game info given out already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

enochvey

• Fodder
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2014, 08:47:35 PM »
Also I think its funny you hid the "keyword" rather than the fact it is a hide that you need to do something with. I would have thought that the latter is a bit more subtle :)

When the item name is almost identical to the gear piece name, not much point in hiding it I thought lol, but yeah i guess.

kurik

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2014, 09:43:47 PM »
As a mostly casual solo player i liked the old sets like ergothian , brog , woodsmans sets as they were good low sets easily obtainable with patience
and didnt think they were too op for what they were , bit late to this wipe so haven't even seen any new set piece load yet. but would be appreciated if u turned the old ones back on too. :)

enochvey

• Fodder
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2014, 11:18:56 AM »
Yeah it looks like some are maxxed. Probably why I didn't get the item on the last load I got for the barb set as neyman pointed out.

Brafu

• Zoner
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2014, 03:47:39 PM »
I liked when stats for some sets were posted. While I do enjoy some mystery and trying to figure things out for myself, I don't find much fun in that when it comes to eq, and especially sets, since there are just somethings that you cannot, ever, truly figure out by testing and experience alone.

I don't mind if everything else about a set is a huge mystery, since that's part of the fun, but the stats... eh, I rather just be told what it is so I can decide if its worth the effort and if I should keep it over some other eq.