Author Topic: Putting back in some of the inn's  (Read 2312 times)

Brafu

• Zoner
Putting back in some of the inn's
« on: November 15, 2014, 07:31:46 PM »
I was wondering if it would be possible to put back in at least some of the inn's that were removed (well, the ability to rent there at any rate)?

I'm not really sure what the intention was in making it so only the main towns were rentable, but I, personally, find it a bit annoying and frustrating that I can't rent in any other location, especially in a place like Gulfport.

When leveling up I will usually rent in gulfport or garret, since n.ergoth is a pretty big xp area for me, but with the change the closest place is pal, and that's a pretty big run for a lowbie, especially when I need to hit a guild every so often.

Again, I'm not totally sure about the intent in making the change, but I would, personally, like to see at least a couple put back in so people have to do a lot less running to big xp area's.

Bryton

• Zoner
Re: Putting back in some of the inn's
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 07:55:52 PM »
Yup
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 12:09:56 AM by Bryton »

Kafilat

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 04:06:50 PM »
I like the new setup - the fact that you could rent in a bajillion places plus clan strongholds made the main cities into ghost towns.  The game feels so much more alive now that you actually run into people in town, and even if it is only once in a while and most of the guilds are still empty it is still exponentially better than it was f.e. a wipe or two ago.  I imagine this also helps with new player retention since they don't log on, press 'who', see a handful people on and then go "where is everyone?"  It used to be the only time you'd see people is when you happened to spam past them on the roads.

Brafu

• Zoner
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 06:04:25 PM »
Hmm... That is a pretty valid point. When viewed from the perspective of trying to consolidate the playerbase, so the game feels less sparse, I would have to agree that it's done that.