Author Topic: Eating and Drinking  (Read 3937 times)

Atlas

Eating and Drinking
« on: October 30, 2014, 07:11:23 PM »
You are hungry.
You are thirsty.

It would be so nice if food and drink was automatically used up out of your inventory until you run out. Then have the system tell you that you're either hungry or thirsty.  Perhaps have a warning come up stating you are getting low on food/drink if need be.  I think this would streamline things a bit and make things a little more user friendly and get rid of some mundane and outdated actions/commands while still making use of class skills and spells to ensure we're all fed etc

Some would argue that a client could do this but I disagree.  It's more of an aesthetic thing and I'm thinking of the new player to the game.  Less is more when it comes to learning the ropes as far as commands go etc.   

Just a thought.

Joseph Norton

• Fodder
Re: Eating and Drinking
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 07:53:09 PM »
I think this is a great idea. I could be wrong here, but most things you eat can be called "food" anyway. It would be easy to just use that tag to take from your inventory. I think the problem would be if you were carrying the food in a container, but you cant eat food you aren't carrying anyway right?. Would also add a little bonus to a thief with plant... If you wanted to be annoying, slip a poisoned piece of bread into someones inventory and giggle like a schoolgirl.

This would be good for the new player. And also for the seasoned veteran.

Bunsen

• Immortal
  • Fodder
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 09:20:52 PM »

It would be so nice if food and drink was automatically used up out of your inventory until you run out. Then have the system tell you that you're either hungry or thirsty.  Perhaps have a warning come up stating you are getting low on food/drink if need be.  I think this would streamline things a bit and make things a little more user friendly and get rid of some mundane and outdated actions/commands while still making use of class skills and spells to ensure we're all fed etc

I can think of a number of food/drink items where, if this system existed, eating or drinking them would be a really bad idea.

Atlas

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 01:41:52 AM »
Then... don't have them in your inventory or if you do have them in your inventory make sure they are at the bottom of the food/drink list.

lurker

• Fodder
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 06:04:04 AM »
This can easily be managed with a mud client and triggers, no need to code it.

Though, I do find it annoying that so many "food" items don't have the "food" tag.

>eat food
You can't seem to find it!
>eat apple
CRUUUUUUNCH!!!! You bite into your shiny red apple.
You are full.

APPLE, WHY YOU NOT FOOD?!

Brafu

• Zoner
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 11:53:33 AM »
For the love of god... this is a RPG type game. Why do people keep wanting to "streamline" the game instead of just enjoying the fact that all these little things ADD to the game?

eli

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 12:53:04 PM »
Brafu is right. Let's also add shitting and pissing. That old moldy bread you ate? Hope you can find a bathroom in zone. I hear the ones in Vingaard are the nicest.

Sanjuro

• Overseer
  • Fodder
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 03:04:59 PM »
red warrior ... needs food badly!

dodok

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 03:08:44 PM »
envenom ham
plant ham atlas

:D