Author Topic: Darkness and nightvision  (Read 4222 times)

Jorake

• Zone Leader
Darkness and nightvision
« on: October 25, 2014, 09:44:39 PM »
Anyone else feel like clerics should get NV? Always thought it was odd that they would get darkness spell but not NV to go with it. Darkness without NV is just sort of lame.

Gyp

• Immortal
  • Fodder
Re: Darkness and nightvision
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 12:59:24 AM »
6 RP and 65k.
Problem solved.

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 09:09:16 AM »
Yeah. I don't think that solves the problem at all. Since I was talking about from a class specific scenario. Thanks for playing tho!

Neyman

• Fodder
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 01:51:47 PM »
An alternate question could be: does anyone know why clerics get darkness if they don't get nightvision?

I would prefer to see clerics lose darkness rather than get night vision. But I think it's fine as it is.

gulca

• Zone Leader
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 03:37:08 PM »
Darkness is still useful without nightvision. Although I do admit there was very little opportunity to cast darkness with a cleric.

Jorake

• Zone Leader
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 05:33:10 PM »
An alternate question could be: does anyone know why clerics get darkness if they don't get nightvision?

I would prefer to see clerics lose darkness rather than get night vision. But I think it's fine as it is.

Yeah I would agree with that over my post I think. Just take darkness away!

snax

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 07:31:22 PM »
darkness is underused by a lot of non dks and thieves.  even if the cleric has darkness and any tank has nv or thief, then the cleric can dark a room away and let the nv partner do the work while they hold a light for heals.  and there's the moving through zones that see invis....and there's also the whole notion of fights where only 1 or 2 mobs see in the dark where a cleric can reduce a ton of self melee and blindly cast blinds against whoever is fighting them / harming them.... (see also thief/tank pairing)

it's a useful spell and probably one of the only non cures other than steelskin and animate a cleric might actually use while soloing ...which I realize sucks enough to where very few clerics choose to solo....but if they did....

Brafu

• Zoner
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2014, 10:26:32 PM »
Darkness can be very useful without nightvision, it just takes creativity. It can be nice to dark past a few rooms in order to just get into a zone that you otherwise wouldn't be able to.

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 01:57:06 PM »
Ok, we will remove darkness from clerics.

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 03:52:53 PM »

I used to use darkness to solo prayerbooks back when I played clerics. But more importantly, how about just remove clerics?

snax

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 07:49:52 PM »
...and give it to bards? (hope hope)

Aristox

• Administrator
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 08:55:12 PM »
Hoss,  I thought we were going to remove DKs?  That will make cleric darkness more useful. Right?