Author Topic: Response to NEWS Posted at 1PM  (Read 4937 times)

reed23

• Zone Leader
Response to NEWS Posted at 1PM
« on: October 23, 2014, 01:21:52 PM »
Just a few questions to follow up on the rent/racial news.

Haven is no longer a rent town?  Can new chars only start in rent towns (can't start in haven anymore)?
Will I be able to rent in the Abyss still?

Dandalf

Re: Response to NEWS Posted at 1PM
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 01:34:41 PM »
RIP in pieces, Fyzian. I don't know how you made the beds in your inn with those clawed hands, but you will never be forgotten.

Will the stats be the same as last wipe as far as race/guild combos go? I spent a good long while testing out different races, just wondering if I can look forward to the same stat ranges.

On a side note, it seems rather odd that goblins get increased movement regeneration while other classes get some pretty beneficial stats.

Increased concentration
Healing done/received
Improved chance to learn spells/skills
Improved skills chance to land
Resistances

I like the idea of the movement regeneration but that should probably be baseline for all races.  As it stands right now, an age 17 character regens about 25-35 vs per tic, making even the most mundane walks tiresome and boring.  Running 10-15 rooms, resting then continuing on seems a bit outdated.   

Can't wait for the other changes to come out, it's going to be a completely different style of Arctic I play this wipe than I have in probably 10 years.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 02:04:27 PM by Kadaj »

Tajs

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Dun mir
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 01:35:54 PM »
I wonder what the idea behind this change is? To bring the low population closer together or? I'm curious. It does remove the likes of Deep Mine, Garret, Vingaard, Port O' Call which were relatively popular.

Hoodoo

• Zoner
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 01:43:33 PM »
No problem at all with increased clan costs.

One possible reason for decreased rent sites is the habit of using certain rent locations to check certain gear without having to exert any effort.  Garret, Deep Mines... more than a few of those.

Edit:  Another thought.  Killing the extra rent cities makes the more expensive clan inn rent cost more worthwhile.   Why buy a place in Palanthas if it's going to be more expensive to rent there?   Whereas, if you can't rent in Hopeful, the Hopeful clan house becomes vastly more valuable. 

I like it.  It adds new dimensions to the game.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 02:21:50 PM by Hoodoo »

gulca

• Zone Leader
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 03:12:46 PM »
Are these new changes gonna stick around for LUBE?

Or let me rephrase the question, will the new changes bring us closer to LUBE? Or they are just arbitrary changes for this particular wipe?

Zalm

• Favorite Zone: Ancient Keep
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 05:57:43 PM »
I strongly believe new character starting cities with guilds in town should have their own inn .
I am talking about Haven, Newport and Vingaard seemingly excluded from rent.

xellos

• Zoner
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 06:04:38 PM »
dibs on solace, stay out of my town

enochvey

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 06:51:00 PM »
No more renting in deep mines, getting an amaboro piece and logging for 15 mins I guess :(

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 07:16:17 PM »
Ok I guess I may be misunderstanding something but what is the benefit of having a clan stronghold inn if the rent is going to cost more? Why invest 1mil cash to end up paying more in rent? I didn't get any degrees in business or anything but this makes absolutely no sense.

Hoodoo

• Zoner
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 07:18:30 PM »
Advantageous rent locations, Kir.  I can think of a couple that I believe may make a re-appearance (one old Wild SH from a few wipes back in particular.)   

If you can only rent in 5-6 places, having a SH which gives you more options would be worth it, methinks.  People will pay to rent near places that used to be inns but are no longer.

Brafu

• Zoner
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 09:54:03 PM »
Before I read this thread I was not liking the idea of dramatically reducing rent locations. I love renting in garret and gulfport, and now I won't be able to.

But, thinking about it in terms of how it will effect SH locations and clan dynamics in general... I think I'm coming around.

This could very well benefit clans, such as Myth, that want to avoid pk by allowing them to pick some far flung SH location that makes it hard for anyone to quick log and jump them, or even just to check out their SH.

I'm still going to miss some of my rent locations, and I hope this change isn't permanent, but I think it might add a new wrinkle to a new wipe.

@Kir

While lower rent has always been a nice bonus to clan SH's, the main advantage has always been picking a central location for your clan to rent and the various clan assets you can buy.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 09:55:51 PM by Brafu »

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 10:34:31 PM »
Ok I guess I may be misunderstanding something but what is the benefit of having a clan stronghold inn if the rent is going to cost more? Why invest 1mil cash to end up paying more in rent? I didn't get any degrees in business or anything but this makes absolutely no sense.

being able to cast spells without leaving peace room when you login is huge.