Author Topic: Misc Ideas  (Read 2687 times)

Matt

Misc Ideas
« on: October 18, 2014, 09:52:17 AM »
Quick random list of thoughts I have about current things.

Positive things first:
1. World merchant - This system has kept me playing. Without him I'd have quit long ago.
2. Ranks available at any level - makes the high-exp tables worthwhile
3. Fly potions in the shop - autoflies are still nice but not required
4. Racial bonuses - very cool & useful
5. Newest rolling system - much less time wasted before actually playing the game

Negative things I'd love to see changed:
1. Vigour on mobs - Especially ultra high hp mobs. Awful.
2. Bash damage - as if 2-4 rounds of getting lagged and pounded wasn't punishment enough
3. Out of combat debuffs - blind taking 10minutes to wear off is painful. Perhaps a non-pk-flag 2-3tic continuous rest to break it?
4. Expensive inns - I'd love renting anywhere I want without taking out a loan
5. Skill-based pets - Mage pet skills are much too annoying. DKs have it right with their dragon.
6. Lame guildmasters - Spell runs aren't terrible, but any mob holding a "guildmaster" title should be able to train any class skill to the max.

Willoe

• Guardian
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Graveyard
Re: Misc Ideas
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 03:39:05 PM »
I would have to agree with most of these.
-Vigor on some of these mobs is just plain silly.
-Bash does way too much damage, coupled with punch which you can't dodge you are looking at 150 damage before you even start fighting.
-Out of combat debuffs should be similar to stun and wear off sooner.
-Price of inns eh, who cares coins are easy...prime real estate you have to pay for.
-Skill-based pets - Mages are quite powerful and so are their pets. It should be hard.
-Guildmasters-Agree 100%

corey

• Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Brogs
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 04:01:17 PM »
Quick random list of thoughts I have about current things.

Positive things first:
1. World merchant - This system has kept me playing. Without him I'd have quit long ago.
2. Ranks available at any level - makes the high-exp tables worthwhile
3. Fly potions in the shop - autoflies are still nice but not required
4. Racial bonuses - very cool & useful
5. Newest rolling system - much less time wasted before actually playing the game

Negative things I'd love to see changed:
1. Vigour on mobs - Especially ultra high hp mobs. Awful.
2. Bash damage - as if 2-4 rounds of getting lagged and pounded wasn't punishment enough
3. Out of combat debuffs - blind taking 10minutes to wear off is painful. Perhaps a non-pk-flag 2-3tic continuous rest to break it?
4. Expensive inns - I'd love renting anywhere I want without taking out a loan
5. Skill-based pets - Mage pet skills are much too annoying. DKs have it right with their dragon.
6. Lame guildmasters - Spell runs aren't terrible, but any mob holding a "guildmaster" title should be able to train any class skill to the max.

I was going to hope people would ignore this but since it's getting responses already I want to CHIME IN.

Positive: I agree with all minus racial bonuses - I've never liked balance discrepancies to begin with.

Negative:
1. There's way too much damage in the game already. I hated vigor on mobs when it first came in, but even since then the damage within the game has been spiking out of control. Vigor is at least SOMETHING to help the other side of the slaughterfest.
2. Bash damage isn't the problem. Look at it from a bigger perspective - bash isn't aoe, it's hitting one person. Compare it to thieves for instance: thieves stab a hell of a lot harder than a bash, but at the same time their attacks don't disable.
3. Blind is stupid and it needs to last combat rounds similar to how hold was changed to this system.
4. There are millions of coins in play at any given time in the game, does it really matter? It's just flavour to me.
5. Mage pets are stupid only in the sense that you don't get them very early. Druids need to join something similar to the dk/mage/paladin system.
6. Meh, old habits die hard.

Edit* sorry a macro I use for DOTA completedly bapted my post.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 04:04:08 PM by corey »

Matt

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 07:40:35 AM »
Giving clerics the strike skill also occurred to me to make them less dispel-nerfed. Maybe?

Damnit healer, stop striking and heal me!