Author Topic: Exploring Blood Shoal  (Read 3039 times)

Neyman

• Fodder
Exploring Blood Shoal
« on: October 09, 2014, 09:32:00 PM »
I think everyone has different priorities pre wipe, such as pking, practicing lvling, etc. But I would really love to explore more of blood shoal before the game wipes and exploring is put on ice for a couple months while everyone rushes. Maybe I'm late to the blood shoal party, but if you are also interested in exploring this zone, maybe reply with what characters you are playing, and we can try to form up sometime. I don't know if what I know is a lot or little relative to others, but I know enough to be dangerous, so death, even death without cr, is likely. But the wipe is less than 2 weeks away, so all our shinies will be gone anyway.

For those of you at least a bit familiar with this zone, you'll know that exploring it requires patience, and actually reading things. So I'm not imagining us just blasting from room to room killing mobs (though there are definitely a lot of hard mobs!). Rather I see us spending at least a minute in each room to really look around.

So anyway, if you are interested, you can post what chars you play and we can try work something out. Or maybe you already know all of it but are happy to tag along as others stumble around. Or maybe you created the zone and just want to see some newbs die in your creation. I dunno. Either way it would be great to be able to get a group of about 5-6 together to do some parts. We can even make some common channel (on skype for example) to share messages from quest mobs.

I primarily play Neyman (blackrobe) and Granger (dk) but also have Markov (cleric), Apostol (thief), Tukey (warrior).

Neyman

• Fodder
Re: Exploring Blood Shoal
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 08:13:11 PM »
Heh hint received loud and clear: no one wants to go here!

snax

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 03:27:58 AM »
you could potentially solo explore a fair chunk of it.  you'll lose some levels but autosneak rank autoinvis crap disposable norents / imp invis or invis potions along with a non glowing nightvision no glowing gear darkness and your dk have the potential to get very far....or a legend scout...maybe a thief?

i'ld probably try the dk route first, and minimize and optomize your gear/prep some (maybe 2 heal potions?)

Neyman

• Fodder
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 04:46:25 PM »
Thanks for the reply! Indeed the "sneaky" method is pretty much how I learned most of the first parts of the zone. Using my DK,  going in under darkness ... bobbing ... weaving ... trying to stay alive while I looked around and figured things out. I died a lot but learned a lot.

Unfortunately, for many of the quest lines, I inevitably hit a point where I just cant do the next parts solo, regardless of prep. Or if I do happen to win the hard fight, I used up all my prep and there is another even harder fight after. Maybe some 5x obiliting mountain scout can do it (*cough cough*), but I cant.