Author Topic: Found this awesome old log.. by accident. Hoss Dies  (Read 8393 times)

Bryton

• Zoner
Re: Found this awesome old log.. by accident. Hoss Dies
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2014, 06:04:56 PM »
I'm guessing that was a fake hoss character, because hoss wouldn't say stuff like that.

Brafu

• Zoner
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2014, 07:56:05 PM »
Glad I have never played in that version of arctic (yes, I know some will claim we still do!) lol

Keith

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2014, 08:12:56 PM »
Seems like it must be easier to delete other people's hard work than lose your own, fair and square.

My plea for the new wipe would be to get rid of clan_delete and work on instead Abyss'ing people who misbehave based on the rules.  Deletion (other than bots) helps no one, serves no purpose just to drive more people from Arctic.  The hammer has gotten a little heavy lately, especially for stuff under "Asshat" policy which tends to break no rule other than Overlord's do not like it/the player.

ferum

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2014, 12:52:07 AM »
Hoss says 'this is a sandbox for freaks that play 24.7'
Hoss tells you 'dont be suprised when your shield decays'
Hoss says 'just make sure you deep rent hilee'
Hoss says 'so i can pzrent him in 10 days'

Glad we gave power to this guy to rule Arctic.

muddeer

• Fodder
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2014, 12:01:55 PM »
http://tirannon.iki.fi/cgi-bin/alogview?_990105_etsija_ancient_shield.gz

Isn't that from ~1995?  I remember getting jumped by the shriners even for the smallest of things.  Thank god Hoss has matured since then.  Hope some of you will grow up too eventually, but I kind of doubt it....
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 12:03:50 PM by muddeer »

Bunsen

• Immortal
  • Fodder
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2014, 03:37:19 PM »
Glad we gave power to this guy to rule Arctic.

Yeh, it would totally suck if someone else had to spend hours a day maintaining and developing this game for little thanks and no reward.

Brafu

• Zoner
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2014, 04:29:46 PM »
@Keith

Problem is that most of the people who get bitch slapped are long time offenders who the staff has had to deal with many times over the years. At a certain point you just stop giving them any wiggle room and smack em right away for doing the same kinda shit they have done for years, especially when its been proven that other punishment isn't enough of a deterrent.

Deleting them doesn't normally make them stop playing the game, at least long term. All it does leave them with one less character to do whatever it is they were doing, and that probably means less bullshit the rest of us have to deal with.

Keith

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2014, 08:52:07 PM »
I'm just saying zapping and Abyssing is an option.  For a dying playerbase, deletion can mean one less person playing Arctic, especially when you delete a whole clan.  I hope the Imms (Hoss) realize how many people were deleted not involved in the actions that lead to RISE deletion and that a few didn't come back.  It is my opinion that the delete command is being used too often for a declining playerbase.  It is just my 2c, take it or leave it.

Brafu

• Zoner
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2014, 10:13:58 PM »
More often than not those in a clan know exactly wtf certain members are doing, and they ignore it. They might not be doing it, but they probably know it's going on and turn a blind eye. When you associate with people who are breaking the rules, or who's actions hurt the mud overall, then you shouldn't really be surprised if you get punished along with them.. especially if you benefitted from their actions in some way.

I'm not saying that's always the case, but you should be a tad more aware of the company you keep, and what they are doing (and their past), if you don't want to get dragged along to the abyss with them.

Plus, some people seem to just delight in insulting and pissing off the staff. I don't really give a bapt what they might have done to you, or what type of attitude you think they have, either you grow a baptin pair and suck it up, or just go play another bapting game already. I mean, seriously.. Why stick around playing a game if you honestly feel you are being constantly abused and cheated?

Personally, I think the answer is pretty simple. They either know they are full of shit, or they like being shit on. Either way, they are the ones who stick around, no one is forcing them to be here.

Bryton

• Zoner
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2014, 11:45:27 PM »
Who is brafu?

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2014, 10:09:43 AM »
For the sake of fairness and honesty (and in Hoss's defense), he didn't actually zap the shield.