Author Topic: Item Storage  (Read 2015 times)

Atlas

Item Storage
« on: September 26, 2014, 11:24:26 PM »
Hello,

Just a couple of ideas I've been thinking about with regards to equipment and keeping equipment in play.  While I've only come back recently when I used to play quite a bit some players/clans used to hoard or store items in order to either keep as back up gear or to just keep them out of the game and hence keep them out of play and thus out of the hands of the enemy(gazers, orbs, etc).  Some players hoard or store certain items such as a good offhand or weapon or a really good + stat item in case of decay or as a backup.  It is my opinion that items, particularly items that are rare or unique, should be in play as much as possible. 

How about this?  Items could have a level assigned to them from 1 to level 30 and a frequency load and an item limit associated to that item.  Let's say a brass shield is a rare level thirty item just for argument sake.  If you wanted to store that item on a level one character just to keep it out of the game then the rent for that item would be tiered let's say at level 1 rent would start at 15000 coins/day versus 1000 coins at level 30.  Also because the brass shield is so rare the longer the shield stays in rent (deep rent) the rent goes up... so that a level 30 who hasn't logged in after say.. five consecutive days will find rent for his/her items' rent increasing cumulatively.  After 10 days of not logging in he/she is bankrupt and stuff is then again loaded in the game.  This would also force players to really choose what equipment they want to rent.  I think this could a be a great tool for Imm's to control items in the game and not have to manually do searches for particular items when all items could be captured under the same code.

int sum = 0;
for (int i = 1; i <= 100; i++) {
    sum = sum + i;
}

something along those lines...

Just a thought,

Atlas

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
Re: Item Storage
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 03:05:13 AM »
just have the items decay at like 4x rate when rented.