Author Topic: Half ogre stats...  (Read 6230 times)

Jorake

• Zone Leader
Half ogre stats...
« on: October 08, 2012, 06:58:15 PM »
Why did Half Ogres get debuffed? I do not quite understand. I rolled over 30x for warrior/dk both and got max dex of <insert a reasonable number here>. Seriously? One of the main points of getting legend is to open those superior races to play. Superior should be the key word! Why not just stick to making goblins and minotaurs if their stats are just better anyhow? I thought it was supposed to be a reward for achieving that next level I.E legend characters. I had a half ogre dk last wipe with <insert a really high for an ogre number here> dex. Just awesome stats. I loved it. Felt great to know I could have that hard hitting big hp tank because I worked to get my legendary classes. Now I don't even see a point in rolling exotics. Phaethon stats were also debuffed.

What were the immortals thinking when they made these changes? That is not a sarcastic question. I would really love to know the reasons for the major debuffs, maybe I am bitching for nothing. Idk.

Aristox

• Overlord
  • Zone Leader
Re: Half ogre stats...
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 07:22:23 PM »
I edited your post to remove the numbers.

We made the stats more reasonable on the legendary characters.  We didn't want them to be instant access to easier to equip characters.  They were also really messed up.  Ogres with high dex is pretty messed up.

The exotic races still get hidden bonuses, which I am sure most of you have sussed out, that I won't share with you. The hidden bonuses make them better than normal races, they are generally things you can't get except through gear.  They aren't leaps and bounds better than normal races like last wipe (stat bonuses + hidden bonuses), they are just a bit better (similar stats + hidden bonuses).

That was our thinking, don't make them overpowered.

You can disagree if you want.  I will listen to your argument, but it needs to be more than "You took my ball, I want it back".

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 08:08:41 PM »
A high dex ogre doesn't make much sense wouldn't you agree? The Phaethon race was buffed in other areas, perhaps you are just wanting a super high dex race and picking the wrong ones? I guess if you are only looking at stats, you might assume that the exotic races have been 'debuffed' a little. The extra non-stat attributes each exotic race recieved this wipe should in every way be much better than a few simple stat points.

Dyl

• Zoner
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 09:09:35 AM »
Who wants to play a Phaethon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeIumG1cliI

gulca

• Zone Leader
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 01:15:09 PM »
Some of us are bitter all the stat data we collected last wipe is now useless.

None descriptive hidden stats don't really mean much to us mortals. Is it really game changing if numbers were shown? Like Half ogre: +5 to resist_poison. At least we can decide if it is "reasonably better" over the lower dex.

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 02:03:39 PM »
lol gulca, agree totally. Here use this "IT MAY LOOK WEAKER BUT ITS NOT" TRUST ME

btown

• Elder
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 02:05:15 PM »
But we are just a peanut galery so what do we know. More peanuts please!

Aristox

• Overlord
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 02:13:05 PM »
Part of the lube project is more informational transparency.

Things like racial/guild stats would be available in someway, probably the helpfiles.

We don't plan on exposing everything, just more than we do now.

btown

• Elder
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 02:30:39 PM »
Very curious on what LUBE stands for if anything, and will this be ready before the polar shift?

Super Tacoman

• Fodder
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 11:20:50 AM »
as i understand it LUBE is named LUBE because the changes are so harsh you will need to get lubed up before you take them in the ass

Kholos

• Greater God
  • Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Tarsis Treehouse
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, 12:15:40 PM »
I rolled half-ogre DKs too.  Then got a 20 16 17 20 19 18 goblin who can apparently fit into more gear and more zone kws.  Thiewar makes a good mage though!!

RaVaN

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 08:50:59 AM »
@Kholos

Amen!  Goblins rule as long as you take some things into account.