Author Topic: I'ld love to play next wipe if I'm done with stuff....but I'ld also love for...  (Read 4439 times)

snax

a serious discussion on permadeth (wiki link follows) for ONE wipe only.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permanent_death

Being that next wipe is a wipe of convenience, what i'ld love to see is small xp tables, rapid ranking, and permanent death.  I know I'm not an immortal, and my rants and ideas are only rants and ideas.  However, until lube, I'ld love to suggest player permadeath next wipe.  You die/you are pkilled you are deleted.

Instead of 150 million xp to 1x, how about 15 million xp, all ranks are max value, and we let a PVP PVE miniwipe occur.....pretty please pretty pretty please?  Would be somewhat harsh on mains but all lim 1s would be the realm of love and luck.

SArT

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Anything outside of Arctic
You would have to include an immunity for under 20.  I like the idea.. but it would be chaos.  The mud would be all about pk.

If this was done though.. I would have to leave the thief class behind for the first time in almost a decade.. and move on to a ranger... not going to spell out the obvious here.

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
Wow.  GOOD IDEA

The odds of this happening is probably ZERO.  BUT GREAT IDEA

I vote for it 100%

gulca

• Zone Leader
How about a permanent death on mobs?

So you only get to kill Lord Toede once for the whole wipe. All eq and items will be limit 1 pop by default.

Who will rise to the top?

corey

• Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Brogs
I understand the want, but in the words of Ricky Bobby - if you're not first, you're last.

Whoever dies first has zero chance to ever be on top. They're done.

If this was purely a pve game, sure.

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
@Snax - the idea sounds good - for a more basic mud.  Arctic has survived 20+ years despite being an example of the finest computer programming of 1993 because of its focus on player killing and on keeping the high end content and game knowledge under VERY tight wraps. 

Player killing and permanent death are an anathema to one another.  Otherwise the Joes and Lotties of the game would be such a burden to the player base as to make the game unplayable.  One botting tetherbash pk fest could potentially make a pleasant afternoon of zoning a miserable day of running solace sewers for the 15th time and you level up again.  If you really want to play perma-death you can just delete your own character each time your die without having to put the same onus on the rest of the players.

Anthony

snax

Okey dokey!  Just thought it would be neat if could be legend and fully spelled with 100% load rates in like 2-3 days instead of dumping 30-40 days of playtime multiple times would encourage a new era of PVP/and up the ante of PVE a bit, but I can see it being a nonstarter globally. (I'ld probably hate this idea any other point of my gaming spree). 

I really am loathe to dumping another 20-50 days real life time without changes, (it makes less and less sense especially with convenience wipes that don't bring breakthrough changes) just to end up with about the same results....

if/when i do play next wipe I'm gonna permarip (ragequit =P) the first time I die tho!  It seems like a good way to have a bit of fun during the rolling spree without ending up with the tons of real life time tied into it (which probably WILL become a new DSM-V mental diagnosis that I don't want on my rap sheet.)

http://www.dsm5.org/Documents/Internet%20Gaming%20Disorder%20Fact%20Sheet.pdf

Brafu

• Zoner
As Corey said, the people who get in the first kill would end up on top of the pile and probably never get knocked down from it. It would also mean that much of the most elite eq, and spells, would probably never be loaded by anyone who isnt extremely dedicated to the game (ie. extremely obsessed above and beyond the norm) and willing to spend a few days or a week lvling and spelling up (with mandatory spells for the class) chars just to throw at something like Cyan (as a off the top of my head example), knowing it'll probably die and the eq/spells will go to someone's alt that'll never zone another day in it's life.

Basically, this game would only be about PVP and absolutely nothing else would be allowed.

If you don't totally crush your enemies, and force them off every single time you even suspect they are on, then they will always be a huge threat to you. It doesn't matter if its a clan or just some person who you know has a grudge against you/your clan that always seems to attack you.. they will never be allowed to play because the consequences of allowing it are too high.

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
It couldn't be much worse then the current state of mud could it?  Lets try it for 2weeks and then do another wipe.  I mean You Only Live Once

YOLO

Brafu

• Zoner
Yes, yes it could definitely be FAR worse than how things currently are (assuming you think things are terrible now).

First, I wouldn't be playing (Well, ok so maybe that's a positive for many!) if a wipe was like this, and I'm pretty sure more than a few others probably wouldn't either. The game is a grinding time sink, so if you tell people that every few days they would potentially have to start all over again... Not sure how well that would fly with most.

But I'm sure for those who live only for PvP it would be close to heaven, minus the fact that someone would have to actually load the best eq and no one would want to be the first to do it just to get jumped by those waiting around to see who would be kind enough to take it from whatever badass mob had it.

blackmagus

• Zoner
Nobody exploring for fear of DT, nobody willing to fight unless they have two to one odds and are fully prepped, absolutely no one doing the harder zones..

Yeah, this idea is designed to kill the mud.

Thymorical

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Abyss
Perma death would be fun..