Author Topic: magic user test  (Read 5232 times)

Velios

magic user test
« on: August 16, 2014, 10:19:46 PM »
I cannot figure out what to do...I'm in a room with a prisoner and I have used every spell on him and I still can't get his aid...anyone know what to do?

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
Re: magic user test
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 10:49:14 PM »
if you type hint in the conclave quests you will be provided with a clue of some variety, though it might be mildly cryptic.

also if using your spells on the mobile in front of you doesn't do anything useful, look for things hidden in the rooms description (the look description), as well as the scan descriptions. try and look at things mentioned in those descriptions to find things that you may not have noticed previously
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 03:29:20 AM by Jorquin »

Myte

• Fodder
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 10:54:33 PM »
This quest is stupid and needs to be removed/changed. People have quit over this.

Hoodoo

• Zoner
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 12:42:58 AM »
I have to disagree.  I would suggest that a warning be placed on the magic user class for anyone who answers 'yes' to the new player question, however...  New players shouldn't be mages, and the test is a good way to see whether the player is a patient and tenacious type. 

Casters are difficult to master: mages possibly the most so.   The top two tiers of books are out of reach for all but the most experienced players:  while the green dragonhide tier is technically small-group capable, doing so requires knowledge of an advanced nature, and it is a required tier for all legends.  The Big 4 tier is out of reach of some clans.  Druids and shamen do not require this level of knowledge, and are useful enough in a group that others will help them.  Clerics have spells literally thrown at them by groups. To legend a mage, one must either have a specific melee class/align to back up one's own mage, or a clan willing to spam some fairly difficult loads. 

New players should be dissuaded from the class: the test does this admirably.  Rather than removing the tests, we should place a warning on the class. 

Jason

corey

• Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Brogs
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 09:02:03 AM »
I have to disagree.  I would suggest that a warning be placed on the magic user class for anyone who answers 'yes' to the new player question, however...  New players shouldn't be mages, and the test is a good way to see whether the player is a patient and tenacious type. 

Casters are difficult to master: mages possibly the most so.   The top two tiers of books are out of reach for all but the most experienced players:  while the green dragonhide tier is technically small-group capable, doing so requires knowledge of an advanced nature, and it is a required tier for all legends.  The Big 4 tier is out of reach of some clans.  Druids and shamen do not require this level of knowledge, and are useful enough in a group that others will help them.  Clerics have spells literally thrown at them by groups. To legend a mage, one must either have a specific melee class/align to back up one's own mage, or a clan willing to spam some fairly difficult loads. 

New players should be dissuaded from the class: the test does this admirably.  Rather than removing the tests, we should place a warning on the class. 

Jason

I'm a classic player and those tests dissuade me from wanting a mage too.

I eventually make one every wipe, but I still dread level 10.

Jones

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 10:30:44 AM »
mage quest is amazing imo.  every class should have one

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 11:11:28 AM »

LOL

I think one of the most rewarding "new" aspect of the game was the creation of the conclave tests. They are difficult, yet not completely impossible and when you complete one and add that knowledge to your repertoire there is a huge sense of accomplishment.

corey

• Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Brogs
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 11:14:00 AM »

LOL

I think one of the most rewarding "new" aspect of the game was the creation of the conclave tests. They are difficult, yet not completely impossible and when you complete one and add that knowledge to your repertoire there is a huge sense of accomplishment.

Bahaha

I'm allowed to not enjoy parts of the game, aren't I?

Just like I hate act 2 in Diablo 2 but the game is one of my all-time favourites.

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 08:49:31 PM »
at least you don't have to kill your own brother, while your brother watches...compared to what Raistlen had to go through the conclave tests seem tame