Poll

Do you want Arctic to wipe again (8 months since previous wipe) before Lube?

Yes - Look how many votes September got!  Give us some news.... plz!
Yes - September would be best for me
Yes - October would be best for me
Yes - November would be best for me
Yes - December would be best for me
Yes - Rise should disband

Author Topic: Never The Best Time To Ask Part II  (Read 15823 times)

Nary

• Immortal
  • Fodder
Re: Never The Best Time To Ask Part II
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2014, 10:35:01 PM »
Keep one year wipes, make it as standard as possible. 8 month too short, anything longer seems boring.

enochvey

• Fodder
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2014, 05:42:45 PM »
7 more ranks... and then I need enough time to pass shiri in deaths. Then go for it

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2014, 11:19:47 PM »
nobody will ever pass shiri, unless its literally on purpose, (sart) haha level 1 legend thief. is probably the only character with more deaths than poor mike.

wipes are good and fun... and i personally would love to see a decent length wipe before the new lube comes in, one last look at the old before we abandon it : ) ive worked hard to get my characters and i would still be willing to sacrifice them all for another fresh fun start. Ive enjoyed my time and had my fun this wipe personally....
It seems like this mud has population growth in waves normally for the first 5-6 months but then it begins to dwindle. Even with what i was able to learn i had plenty of help and friendly resources backing me in my expeditions about 4-6 months in, but now.... its near impossible to find a crew willing to dive balls deep into the unknown : )  Instead of being able to amass a crew to explore dun mir, it feels like i have to settle for exploring "ft" at best! I would hope a new wipe would replenish those friends who once loved to go splunking with me but who knows... perhaps people are just moving onto the new age games... i certainly wont forget my roots. Maybe this poll is just voicing what so many of us are thinking ourselves... IT IS TIME!

in any event i would love to see one good final run of the mud in its current state before group sizes and other changes are thrown into the mix.. but thats just my two cents.

Kronos

WIPE, WIPE, WIPE, WIPE!!!!
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2014, 12:46:20 PM »
Seriously hoping this is in the works. I'm wondering if we will get a month or a couple weeks notice when this is going to happen.....Any new info???

corey

• Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Brogs
Re: WIPE, WIPE, WIPE, WIPE!!!!
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2014, 01:49:05 PM »
Seriously hoping this is in the works. I'm wondering if we will get a month or a couple weeks notice when this is going to happen.....Any new info???

Dunno, but at this point I  hope it's by mid Sept or held off until mid December.

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2014, 03:50:10 PM »
I wonder if the timing of the wipe is correlated with how much we Donate???  I bet if we all donate $50, it will wipe in mid-Sept!

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2014, 05:23:27 PM »
February is good for me, after the state wrestling tournament!

Kronos

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2014, 11:35:36 AM »
It is obvious that the wipe is imminent and that most of the player base is pumped up and ready for it. If we know there is going to be a wipe, then I hope they announce a date VERY soon. Much of our player base is getting older. Some of us are dealing with wives, children and other such things. We really need a couple of weeks at least in between to get our game plan in order and move things around in our lives so that we can enjoy as much of the wipe as possible.

I know that "the powers that be" should not worry about other games out there, but WOW drops early November. Not everyone plays WOW but many of us do. We really need about a month of MUD play time to legend and item race before the WOW expansion hits stores. That being said, I hope we get an announcement ASAP! Lets make this an awesome wipe and say goodbye to old the old mechanics and get ready for LUBE which is not too far down the road!

Thanks for making this game worth coming back to year after year. (PS My wife does not thank you at all)

-Jon

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2014, 01:22:34 PM »
The only thing that is obvious in this thread is that Clan TimReed would like a wipe and Reed doesn't want to shout in game anymore.

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2014, 01:53:53 PM »
Lol!  You should read the forums closer and look at the poll.  There are much more than Rise that want a wipe.  Ask around...

Hoodoo

• Zoner
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2014, 04:48:47 PM »
Everyone I've talked to in game wants a wipe, and soon. 

I likely won't be bback in a meaningful way until the wipe happens: I was hoping 1st-second week of september would be the date, though others suggested strongly that 1st week October was preferred by those most high.(possibly upon the fabled Colorado Chronic).

Jason

gulca

• Zone Leader
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2014, 04:59:06 PM »
Don't pwipe. I haven't fill up my bank with 10 million coins yet.

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2014, 06:31:55 PM »

Brafu

• Zoner
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2014, 12:15:48 AM »
Also gotta keep in mind that Destiny is coming out in about a week, so.... yea. I don't know about anyone else, but I def plan on losing a good chunk of my life to that game.

Jones

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2014, 10:43:37 AM »
Also gotta keep in mind that Destiny is coming out in about a week, so.... yea. I don't know about anyone else, but I def plan on losing a good chunk of my life to that game.

destiny is going to be huge!  wipe it in December  :P