Author Topic: expanding shouts.php, adding hooks for who list  (Read 2907 times)

snax

expanding shouts.php, adding hooks for who list
« on: August 08, 2014, 12:36:39 PM »
would be great if we could give det invis/infra to whatever spec proc is exporting shouts so that i can see who or what is shouting.  this provides a lot of my off peak playtime reason for even logging on.

Also a limited who (ignores darkness/enigmatic dome) php would be nice.

And yes someone would abuse it.  No I don't really care.  Yes someone will snarkily say log on.  No, i still don't care.

I log on during peak to play usually, off peak i only log on if something catches my interest.  so, proposed idea only increases the likelihood of me logging on.

I'm not gonna log on just to type who because prior experience has taught me when that happens i end up just running around checking component shops and typing who for an hour straight, which adds nothing to anyone including myself in terms of a gaming experience.

thanks, that's end of the idea.

Thymorical

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Abyss
Re: expanding shouts.php, adding hooks for who list
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 01:19:32 PM »
Fantastic Idea.. I think the most importaint thing they should add to this game however is a opt no_pk ~name~ for the immortals to use to make some players immune to pk so they dont have to delete as many people for pking in a game where your only not allowed to pk characters that are in need of such things. Wild

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 01:11:14 AM »
We should also put an in-game alarm setting in that makes you auto-recall and rent in time for you to make it to work each day.

Set alecto alarm 9:10

at 9:10 system time it would spec "recite recall" and rent me no matter what is going on in game - that way i no longer have to try to explain to my boss that I was late to work because of the mud.

snax

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 05:38:10 AM »
And on the board the first day of school is the following written in chalk on the last day of the previous year.  Any 1st semester student who can translate it backwards without using their smartphone gets a free hallpass for the entire 90 minute block.

et raro operatur hominemque luto. tardus. Paenitet
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 05:39:52 AM by snax »

albarn

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 03:45:49 PM »
This is actually a pretty great idea, but I'd extend the shouts.php file with the ability for the file to generate an RSS feed.  This way, it would be easier to follow along and see when it was interesting to log in.

(I could even do the work - let me know)