Author Topic: What would it take to ever make me play again?  (Read 36863 times)

Brafu

• Zoner
Re: What would it take to ever make me play again?
« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2013, 10:29:08 PM »
@Corey

NO! That is a secret I shall take to my virtual grave.

Myte

• Fodder
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2014, 03:20:21 AM »
Uhhhm, I just leveled a DK with almost zero prior DK experience from zero to 1x and rank 20 in 3 days flat playtime... A full day of this has probably just been skilling to prepare for legendary. The XP tables look daunting, but you can really totally disregard the level 30 to 1x because it means nothing now, it's just a buffer for dying. I work full time in the military approximately 55-60 hours a week right now (shore duty, not deployed) and my char took 7 days to put that 3 days of playtime in and get to where I am. I think you're just xping wrong (I had no quest xp and no big dragon xp, I solo'd to 30). You gain ranks while you are xping. The only alternate would be to go to the old system of waiting until 1x to gain ranks, yet lower the xp tables. You seem to not be factoring that in. Wouldn't that actually take longer or approximately the same amount of time if you lowered the xp tables but required 1x to rank? It's the same amount of time dude, it's just done differently and allows people to get ranks without being 1x. It's really actually the same amount of time, just think about it.

Legendary is the new level 30.

Edit: I guess I could mention my IRL friend who just started playing, is basically BRAND NEW to Arctic. Her first char was a cleric, played for a day and hated it. Rolled a magic user. Made it through the tower quest on her own. Went BLM. Is now level 30, rank 20, and working on getting legendary spells and has 95% of all her skills at superb. She's rolled this char LESS THAN 2 WEEKS AGO. She's bapting brand new, running around with Myth... So what's the problem again?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 03:41:08 AM by Myte »

Thymorical

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Abyss
« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2014, 07:06:23 PM »
More quiting is always fun. I know what it would take to make me play again. but Ill never get an apology and restoration of my characters. I should make an arctics anonymous..

Bunsen

• Immortal
  • Fodder
« Reply #108 on: August 01, 2014, 01:49:50 AM »
More quiting is always fun. I know what it would take to make me play again. but Ill never get an apology and restoration of my characters. I should make an arctics anonymous..

Why are you still here?

Jones

« Reply #109 on: August 01, 2014, 03:50:37 AM »

Why are you still here?

when you quit arctic its like breaking up with a girl.  it is hard to do but sometimes you feel relieved when its over.  afterwards it feels good to check in on her now and then and see that she is suffering without you. 

that's why many of us players who are no longer playing still check the forums.  we enjoy the suffering.  and maybe just maybe if she is lucky we will take her back one day.

SArT

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Anything outside of Arctic
« Reply #110 on: August 01, 2014, 10:34:01 AM »

Why are you still here?

when you quit arctic its like breaking up with a girl.  it is hard to do but sometimes you feel relieved when its over.  afterwards it feels good to check in on her now and then and see that she is suffering without you. 

that's why many of us players who are no longer playing still check the forums.  we enjoy the suffering.  and maybe just maybe if she is lucky we will take her back one day.

Jones wins.

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #111 on: August 02, 2014, 07:24:58 PM »
Arctic is our mutual bad romance...