Author Topic: idea: Renegade Robes (with implementation ideas!)  (Read 2833 times)

snax

idea: Renegade Robes (with implementation ideas!)
« on: June 12, 2014, 11:05:17 PM »
Renegade robes mock the order of the conclave and instead of completing mage quest, they arrive in room of choices and have a 4th choice, to accept exile from the conclave.  if they choose it they have a very hard random of 4-6 zonelets among 2 tiers to complete to earn renegade status.

Upon completion they in more or less are like any other robed mage except the skill change_robes which is usable once per 7 real days playtime, which automatically shifts spells to their corresponding robe choice.  Spells below circle 7 are automatically learned at all 3 robe tiers. spells above tier 7 have to be individually learned per robe shifted into.

snax

Re: legendary renegade: skill lunar disdainment
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 11:15:58 PM »
if successful this randomly picks a spell from each of the 3 mage colors and assigns it per book spell learned, the mage assums the color brown or grey as a robe and benefits from all non visible moons.  duration: until rent, cooldown 2 hours

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
Re: idea: Renegade Robes (with implementation ideas!)
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 09:48:23 PM »
Also all "robed" mage mobs in game are auto-aggro

blackmagus

• Zoner
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 08:36:05 PM »
I'd support this if in addition to having every other mage mob being aggressive that death in the quest to achieve renegade status were permanent and result in deletion. Furthermore, spells of level 5 and below would be automatic and each other spell must be learned independently, but with a reduced number of total slots.

Thymorical

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Abyss
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 01:34:46 PM »
I think apon failing the mage quest by death or leaving should give you a clue to where another quest for renegade may be. The spells and skills should be seperate from the other robes and I think all books from all classes can be quested further in different locations and could make this class very difficult to spell up.

I have tons of ideas for this such as getting a special item that you can take into the mage quest and use a kw at the end of it to betray the tower or something..
such a fun concept.