Author Topic: Set your own titles  (Read 4740 times)

Jorake

• Zone Leader
Set your own titles
« on: September 29, 2012, 08:09:00 AM »
I have played a few different muds and 1 thing i seen in common with ALL of the others I have played is you could set your own title whenever you felt like it etc. Would this be something that arctic would do in the future? Because there are next to no visible imms around majority of the time.

How about anyone else? Do you think we should be able to set our own titles or not.

rafo

Re: Set your own titles
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 05:31:37 PM »
This was a feature of being level 25 once before.

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 07:05:39 AM »
I could see this idea being fathomable if a set of rules cae into play with it for instance first offenders with a shitty title are stripped of the title and unable to title for a week.... second time offenders are abyssed for a week instead and no longer allowed to set their own title lol.
You know giving us the rights to make our own titles would absolutely be abused i mean lets be honest, with names like "drknight" and "fistindatanus" people are bound to create stupid titles as well.

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 07:07:04 AM »
Do the immortals have a list of previously banned names? because i bet that would be kind of interesting to see!

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 10:51:59 AM »
We keep a file that contains restricted names, a file which I cleaned out a lot of names before the start of this wipe. I am more of the thought that names should be self policing and if you choose a name that doesn't comply to the name rules, you should expect to have it removed or deleted without question.

As far as titles go, I am open to allowing mortals at level 30 to set their own titles. This issue goes back and forth; we have had issues with players setting very inappropriate titles which means that they need policing, which means I get grumpy and delete people...so I will leave this option up to you knowing that it will come with heavy repercussions when abused.

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 06:19:10 AM »
im a risk taker.. lets do it!