Author Topic: Ask the audience  (Read 14652 times)

Willoe

• Guardian
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Graveyard
Re: Ask the audience
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2014, 09:07:53 PM »
1. Favorite Zone - Probably Blood Shaol - Even though it is such a pain in the ass and it takes forever...you could do that zone and not get bored of it with so many different "end fights", you could go in for Kraken, or Blaze, or Sekolah, or the Witch fight etc etc you have your pick.

2. Favorite Fight - Would probably have to be Blazewight. Only fight in the game that you never know the outcome of regardless of the amount of prep!

snax

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2014, 04:34:33 PM »
ez.

favorite zone: tarsis treehouse

favorite mob: feral cat (you know you miss them!)

enochvey

• Fodder
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2014, 06:33:28 PM »
It's hard for me to nail down any specific zones/fights but...

Favorite group Zone: Probably Mithas.
Reason: Good ranks, a number of challenging fights from a tank point of view, and good gear

Favorite Solo zone: Last Gaard.
Reason: I can spam other zones cash/ranks/gear, but the for the sheer challenge factor Gaard with no prep wins, even if it does take me 2 1/2 hours...

Favorite group fight: Verminard.
Reason: One of the few fights I've done a decent amount that forces me to play at my best. There are some other fights I've done that are harder, but I don't have access to them on a regular basis.

Favorite solo fight: Three way tie between elder mystic in shaydes, third spawn of stone dragon east of pal, and giant elder armaboro.
Reason: Depending on which skills of mine succeed or fail, and depending on which skills/spells of theirs do the same, I'm never really sure what the outcome will be when I start the fight.

Rinad

• Immortal
  • Favorite Zone: Deep Mines
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2014, 01:03:28 AM »
Favorite Zone:  This changes periodically, but for now it's prob Dun Mir.   

Favorite Fight: Erebus

Reason: Don't really have one, I just like the multi-stabs I guess. 

Myte

• Fodder
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2014, 02:55:46 AM »
Favorite zone is Mithas because it takes a full party 3+ hours to do. The gear is actually good, and I love minotaur only stuff.

Favorite fight is Cyan. Kinda simple, kinda hard, best gear around.

Atlas

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2014, 02:38:40 AM »
Just came across this thread... being an old timer I guess my experiences revolve around a lot of the more classic zones.  There have been so many zones added over the years.  I look forward to dying in them.

Favorite low level zone - Kendermore.  I like killing kender, especially kender girls.  Plus, there is more to that zone than most realize.

Mid level I have two, The first zone I would have to say is Fyzian.  That was probably the first zone I figured out on my own.  I love any zone by Archimedes.  He was so original and I love how all of his zones tied into each other.  The second would be Crystal Quest.  Lots of decent items for the level, lots of figuring stuff out and head scratching.

High Level I would say hrmm there were so many, Sylvanesti including Secrets.  That place always freaked me out.  Some fun fights were Anatlab to that damn liche.  CR's sucked so much.  My crowning achievement was being main tank on Cyan.  Others zones with honorable mention are Storm's Keep, Pax, Ancient Keep, and Shadow.

Favorite Fights were Amity, Lolth (I liked killing drow),  whacking Bul with duo.

Two most memorable players that taught me so much was Roger, and Oro, two of the best that ever played the game.

Fun stuff.

Atlas

SArT

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Anything outside of Arctic
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2014, 10:58:34 AM »
ANCIENT. 

This is just a well made zone.  The rewards are great from a soloable zone.. I find I still learn things every wipe about this zone.. and I know it better than most.

I find it fun still after running it 1000 times.

Andrew

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2014, 02:44:41 AM »
Ancient, Don Righ, Mystic ... and Brog

Must be a NowClan thing, some innate love and passion for Brog

I have always had a penchant for zones that have really elite gear that are 'easy' to do (once you solve them or understand them).  This isn't a flame .. more of a memory that makes me a bit sad .. but I always thought what hurt Arctic the most was making the game more difficult.  There seemed to be this idea that large clans were too powerful and the best way to deal with large, powerful clans was to make zones more difficult, and make leveling harder, and dying more punitive .. I think it should have been the other way around, make the game easier, so yes you can go kill Cyan with 15 people .. but 5 people could also do it .. so why bring 15 and argue over gear, if you can bring 5 instead?

Toinu

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2014, 10:50:04 AM »
Favorite zones are towns and continents as a whole. Balifor = sea town, solace = children's town, pal = knightly town, kalaman = port town, old neraka was like a slum, etc.

blackmagus

• Zoner
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2014, 07:00:36 PM »
The entire northern area from Kalaman is absolutely amazing. Sahaugin Reef, old style Dargonesti, even Irda.. all top notch.

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2014, 09:29:37 AM »
The Argo was my favorite little spot for years back in the day. I doubt many players remember the Argo, but it will always hold a place in Arctic lore.

snax

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2014, 08:09:36 PM »
the boat with the cooked eel?

love me an eelburger.

Dralan

• God
  • Favorite Zone: Blood Shoal
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2014, 01:34:04 AM »
Ancient Keep and Kharolis Mines will always be special to me. Back in the old days when BSP was all newbies we always spammed Theiwar and Ancient keep was so much harder back then but then again everything was a lot harder back then.

Bryton

• Zoner
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2014, 03:55:18 PM »
My favorite zone was Nate. Always loaded decent eq and was soloable. Let me know when that zone returns and I will return.

Jorquin

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2014, 06:28:15 AM »
So you're saying you enjoyed Nate's loads?