Author Topic: Back after roughly a decade or so?  (Read 3018 times)

Bezerker

Back after roughly a decade or so?
« on: April 07, 2014, 07:22:21 AM »
Hello all,

Glad to see Arctic still around.  Just wanted to drop in and say hi.  Had the itch to play some Arctic and was excited to see a community (albeit small) still here and the MUD being maintained and updated.

I last played seriously around the time the ranger class was removed. I briefly played around the time DK were introduced. 

Excited to see all the changes.  Currently playing a low level DK and a low level mage. Spent the majority of yesterday struggling with the Conclave Test (really fun/frustrating. well done!). 

So far avoided being pk'd for offending someone too. I noticed clan tags are displayed now and clans are an official thing. Cool to see, though I know very little anyone to even join one haha.

I noticed items pop with +hit and +Dam and +spell level a bit more often now too. I remember +hit being super rare, but it seems they are not anymore.  Or am I just lucky?

Doug

Re: Back after roughly a decade or so?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 07:43:45 AM »
Welcome back!  This is my first wipe in 12 years so I def understand the feeling.  If you need help with anything I'm usually on as Ramza.

Oh and yeah, hr is very commonplace these days.

Bezerker

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 08:14:14 AM »
Thanks! I'm generally playing as Gortark (DK) or Dakoran (Mage).   

How are scouts these days? Looks interesting. (I used to primarily play ranger back in the day.)

Doug

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 03:55:28 PM »
If you can get all the instincts they can deal a ton of damage.  I'm not sure but I think they are getting the axe after the lube project in favor of rangers.  If your going to be soloing a ton I'd say dks, shamans and warriors are the way to go.   If your going to want a group alot tanks/healers are always welcome.

Bezerker

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 08:53:47 PM »
Glad to hear rangers are coming back. They were my favorite.