Poll

Do you think Stat Rolling needs to stay.

Yes
15 (45.5%)
No
15 (45.5%)
I just Got Forum credit for clicking this!(I Don't Care)
3 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Rolling  (Read 4290 times)

Brad

• Fodder
Rolling
« on: January 31, 2014, 03:22:05 PM »
I don't want to offend anyone with this.  We were talking about it zoning yesterday and had different opinions.  I think it would be a cool thing to see what the forum thought. I think that rolling is an integral part of the game, maybe stats can change but rolling for the best stuff needs to stay.

Brad

Dyl

• Zoner
Re: Rolling
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 04:11:22 PM »
I like somewhat randomized stats.  I like the current system where you get a playable character almost immediately.  Id prefer a rolling screen before creation over all people having identical base stats.

Chisul

• Immortal
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Mage Tower
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 04:20:09 PM »
Here in the good 'ol U S of A, we have a major problem with representatives of these United States voting on bills without reading them.

Let's all give this a minute or two to percolate (ie hear the rest of the plan) before jumping to conclusions on what the stat world is going to look like.

If I were to vote purely on if I like rolling or not...yeah I enjoy rolling, it's fun for me to burn corn, kill spiders, drop rats, and push children for hours on end. I'm serious, it is fun. But I acknowledge the possibility of MORE fun being just around the corner. So until I have "read the bill" I'm not too interested in voting one way or the other.

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 04:25:17 PM »
don't forget squash mosquitos!
I hardly ever roll, and if I do roll I take the best char out of the first 10 I make, so this is a win for me.

enochvey

• Fodder
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 05:25:29 PM »
Here in the good 'ol U S of A, we have a major problem with representatives of these United States voting on bills without reading them.

Let's all give this a minute or two to percolate (ie hear the rest of the plan) before jumping to conclusions on what the stat world is going to look like.

"we have to pass it to see what's in it"  Nuff said.

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 05:29:31 PM »
I think a better discussion place for this would have been the Development News thread.