Author Topic: rank mobs  (Read 5801 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


  • Zone Leader
  • ***
  • Posts: 333
rank mobs
« on: September 08, 2012, 01:45:06 AM »
It's been discussed before last wipe, but we have a  new wipe with new change, so I think we should talk about this again.

Last wipe, I've been with an active clan (Myth). Ranking was relatively easy, cos I can solo 30% to 40% of a rank and group/zone the other 60% to 70% in high zones. This can be done at the average of 1 rank per day (to 20).

This wipe though, I chose to be solo. This means that I don't have access to the high zone ranks (something that require more than 4 ppl non legend).

Dynamic ranks have dwindled because non 1xp char can get them. This was not the case last wipe. I suspect each time a non 1xp char kill a dynamic rank mob, it helps the rank regeneration of that mob.

Since it is early in the wipe (more players), dynamic rank mobs are just being done constantly to the point they don't regenerate to decent amount. This was not much of a problem last wipe because we have less active players and less 1xp players going to low/mid dynamic mobs.

I want to see if the clanned people feel the same way regarding rank progression this wipe.

For us small groups/solo'ers, I would suggest a faster rank regeneration on dynamic mobs or have some minimal rank. Anything other than 0.01 is good.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 01:46:48 AM by gulca »

Super Tacoman

  • Fodder
  • *
  • Posts: 93
Re: rank mobs
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 02:22:14 AM »
yes please.  no more tiny ranks for mobs i havent killed for days.  why does my ranking depend on factors i have no control over and no way to predict?

you can do the most obscure zone in the last place you would think anyone would go, but when other people are trying to do the same thing you still get .01 when you get there.  its broken.


  • Guest
Re: rank mobs
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 09:36:02 AM »
I agree and disagree.

Disagree:  If the dynamic mobs were changed there would still be no profit in it.  More groups would spam them.  As it is now, I see small clan groups of 3-5 running through and raping the small rank zones.  I don't hold it against them, it is smart play.  The question is more, why is it smart play.

Agree:  As the mud playerbase shrinks more and more.. the innovators seem to continue to push us more and more toward 10man group play.  This must make sense to someone; but not me.  I remember last wipe in the wee hours of the morning when I was on Trineti someone shouting how we should all group up, because there were only 10 of us on.  Obviously I did not join in.. Im a f'n thief.  Make more solo content.  You have implemented it in things like the rose quest or the mage quest.. you know how.  Just make some one man zones that have equal risk and difficulty and rewards as 10 man zones.  Think of the rank potential in 20 minutes for something like Luni, and create a 1 man area that incorporates the same risk/reward. 

I already know why you dont do this.. the second you make a one man zone like this, it becomes a sanctuary for pkillers to wait off their flags while not having to sit idle.  But you are smarter than that.. aren't you?


  • Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • *
  • Posts: 428
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
Re: rank mobs
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 04:56:30 AM »
I have no problem with the current dynamic rank set up.  Since it is early in the wipe and the plyerbase is larger you are not going to be able to trash rank as well.  that's just how it goes and I'm fine with it: as the playerbase shrinks trash ranking will become more profitable again. 

What I would like to see is the powers-that-be put in an ansi code on the help area screen which would make zones red if currently done or done in last hour, yellow if done in last 10 hours and green if its been 10 hours or more since a player has been in the zone  Then when people run Sinia or Kago Hinterlands or any other zone that is a rankfarm zone you can know if its worth the effort.