Author Topic: Slam  (Read 10802 times)

corey

• Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Brogs
Slam
« on: January 29, 2014, 04:22:53 PM »
Idea: Remove slam. It has no place in this game.
Legendary paladin gives the ability to toggle the "guard" skill on or off.

Guard toggled off: guard is not usable, "bash" becomes usable
Guard toggled on: Guard is usable, "bash" is not usable

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
Re: Slam
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 05:07:04 PM »
You are saying give bash to paladins?

corey

• Zoner
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 05:20:00 PM »
You are saying give bash to paladins?

I'm saying return it to them.

Edit* at a cost

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 05:29:47 PM »
Legend paladins are pretty strong. Just not effective in Pk to stop people.

corey

• Zoner
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 05:42:57 PM »
Legend paladins are pretty strong. Just not effective in Pk to stop people.

Agreed - but you sacrifice an offensive character for a completely defensive character that can't really help in group fights in the current state of the game.

Edit* They're strong but...not strong enough considering they're completely defensive if that makes sense?

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 05:47:17 PM »
It does. And I tend to agree that defense hasn't kept pace with offense.

Ezio

• Fodder
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 09:21:26 PM »
Slam is worthless yes. If it actually worked right it would be great.

But you are both downplaying or not seeing the full potential of paladin in pk. I will agree that solo or small group pk with a pal is not effective. But 10v10 a paladin gives many benefits. Rally haste/dam/hr, guard is amazing if you want a certain guy alive. Freedom can save the entire group from a mass death. Lay cannot lose concentration or disrupt and saves a life. And since I was never really a target in pk due to lack of dragon orb/no bash/area basically I was just striking every round for 50-100 damage, and if ghost danced also 2x oblits per round.

You can't stop anyone from running away unless you time an avenge perfectly. But avenge can potentially ruin any casters fight, abso rules any evil cleric without need for bash. But why do I need to prevent escapes? What either reason is there to stack eq on legend bashers and stunners  if not to prevent escaping enemies?

Basically in 10v10 you never gonna die on a pally when you play properly. But you will boost friends and deal lots of damage. Seems like a great deal to me. Silver linings

corey

• Zoner
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 09:29:25 PM »
Slam is worthless yes. If it actually worked right it would be great.

But you are both downplaying or not seeing the full potential of paladin in pk. I will agree that solo or small group pk with a pal is not effective. But 10v10 a paladin gives many benefits. Rally haste/dam/hr, guard is amazing if you want a certain guy alive. Freedom can save the entire group from a mass death. Lay cannot lose concentration or disrupt and saves a life. And since I was never really a target in pk due to lack of dragon orb/no bash/area basically I was just striking every round for 50-100 damage, and if ghost danced also 2x oblits per round.

You can't stop anyone from running away unless you time an avenge perfectly. But avenge can potentially ruin any casters fight, abso rules any evil cleric without need for bash. But why do I need to prevent escapes? What either reason is there to stack eq on legend bashers and stunners  if not to prevent escaping enemies?

Basically in 10v10 you never gonna die on a pally when you play properly. But you will boost friends and deal lots of damage. Seems like a great deal to me. Silver linings

Tell me the last time you played a paladin in 10v10.

I'm autohaste hardbash and I've gotten 1 skill off each of the last two fights.

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 09:38:11 PM »
Slam is broken, the % success even when superb is too low to really make it useful. 

Paladins are the escape mechanism for 10 v 10 fights.  their main job is to drain bashes off a key player and cast freedom when everyone gets stunned/nightmares/entangled.  The per round damage of strike is nice, but compared to bash assail or a sky scout its nothing.  You do have survivability, and that is something...

Ezio

• Fodder
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 09:45:48 PM »
Last night, lol, though it was like 9/10 v 15. Autohaste is wasted on a pally, it just looks pretty. Give that to a basher man. I got like 3 or 4 strikes off and an avenge leg, and that's with y'all recalling and shit in like the 2nd or 3rd round. You can't haste strike so why bother autohasting?

We also make a conscious effort to bapt with your pally in 10v10 because we know how beneficial you are to your groups survival. You are always guarding Eric and eating legend bashes, and getting entangled all the time lol.

To Alex, I'll give you assail in its current form. But bash? What like 50 damage for two or three round lag, compared to up to100 per round on sitting opponents. That's what friends are for.

I mean I can understand that you want to have your cake and eat it to. I'm just saying these are first world problems. I go into 10v10 knowing there is no chance I'm gonna die unless I'm bapted up. Pallys got it good man, I would always want 1 in a 10 man that's all.

Slam is about the only shitty thing about a pally.

corey

• Zoner
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 10:05:51 PM »
Last night, lol, though it was like 9/10 v 15. Autohaste is wasted on a pally, it just looks pretty. Give that to a basher man. I got like 3 or 4 strikes off and an avenge leg, and that's with y'all recalling and shit in like the 2nd or 3rd round. You can't haste strike so why bother autohasting?

We also make a conscious effort to bapt with your pally in 10v10 because we know how beneficial you are to your groups survival. You are always guarding Eric and eating legend bashes, and getting entangled all the time lol.

To Alex, I'll give you assail in its current form. But bash? What like 50 damage for two or three round lag, compared to up to100 per round on sitting opponents. That's what friends are for.

I mean I can understand that you want to have your cake and eat it to. I'm just saying these are first world problems. I go into 10v10 knowing there is no chance I'm gonna die unless I'm bapted up. Pallys got it good man, I would always want 1 in a 10 man that's all.

Slam is about the only shitty thing about a pally.

The misinformation in this post proves the other clans aren't Chuckless.

Ezio

• Fodder
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2014, 05:26:45 AM »
Don't be mad I took you back to school

Ezio

• Fodder
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2014, 05:31:41 AM »
Sorry if you have a hard life, but paladins don't need bash. Think harder, I believe in you.

octan

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2014, 06:27:04 PM »
As the first Order of the Rose paladin ever on the mud.  I think Paladins are strong.  Giving them bash skill would be retarded.  But somehow having autohaste on a paladin somehow makes perfect sense!

corey

• Zoner
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2014, 09:11:44 PM »
As the first Order of the Rose paladin ever on the mud.  I think Paladins are strong.  Giving them bash skill would be retarded.  But somehow having autohaste on a paladin somehow makes perfect sense!

As the strongest Order of the Rose Paladin ever on the mud, I think Paladins are weak.