Author Topic: Skill Training  (Read 6692 times)

reed23

• Zone Leader
Re: Skill Training
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2014, 01:36:08 PM »
There are worthless skills, but not that many.  As Hoss pointed out, the experience tables change the way people are skilling.  Currently, it's blow through lvls 1-25, start grouping, oh shit i'm already rank 14, better start training.

I would like to see some kind of benefit of skilling as you level.  For example, at level 15, it would take 50% less "time" or insert word <here> of whatever the hell makes a skill go from Awful to Bad, or from Bad to V.Poor than it would take at Level 30.  So Barb sharpen for example.  At level 15, it would take 10 sharpens to make the skill go from awful to bad, but if you waited till level 30, it would take 20 sharpens to move the skill the same amount.  That would incentivize people to skill as they level up instead of waiting till the bitter end which then makes the system appear so awful and grindy when in reality, it doesn't have to be that way.

Obviously, some skills need to be looked at and changed.  I fortunately play a healer, so I can say that the skilling up process of Weapon, Turn, Bandage, Brew, Scribe, Meditate appear to be reasonable at this point.

Chisul

• Immortal
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Mage Tower
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2014, 03:43:28 PM »
Funny, I always thought it worked that way already. Skilling at lvl 30 seems like it takes forever, but skilling while zoning has always provided very good results.

Could also be because I die so much between 1-30 that I have plenty of time to skill though!

gulca

• Zone Leader
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2014, 04:52:34 PM »
Some ideas to turn skilling into part of leveling.

1. Min requisites for all skills to get to next level.
This means all skills would be trained to a certain degree once you hit level 10, 20 and 30. You can't reach next level without training the skills period.

2. Increase the xp table, and xp rate goes up with current skill points added together.
If you spend time training different skills at a particular level, you will get more xps per kill compared to if you try to rush through leveling without skills trained.

I do think that some kind of work has to be put in to get that legendary rank and skill is one of the basic requirement.

Like Matt said, it is unfortunate some skills can't be train properly in a normal leveling run (even if you make the effort to).

Davy

• Fodder
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2014, 07:05:24 PM »
I just want to know how the flip do I train Case. I'm open for PM advice it has to be flipping the worst skill I can think of to train. 

Joe

• Fodder
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2014, 11:08:51 PM »
I thought about an idea similiar to Gulca's. A thief learning to sneak makes him a better thief right? So reward him with XP on skill gains. Revert the xp tables to old. The difference could equal the total bonus from skilling.

Not sure how this would work out, but it did have some appeal.