Author Topic: Blind  (Read 6616 times)

Joe

• Fodder
Blind
« on: December 27, 2013, 02:56:14 PM »
Is it possible to move to the 4ed rules and allow a saving throw after each round? Could be hard to code. If a mob gets a blind on you just before it dies, it's boring to sit there and wait. Since brewed potions aren't sold in stores by name it's not like a market has been created for casters selling to us gully dwarf warriors.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
Re: Blind
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 04:14:43 PM »
Is it possible to move to the 4ed rules and allow a saving throw after each round? Could be hard to code. If a mob gets a blind on you just before it dies, it's boring to sit there and wait. Since brewed potions aren't sold in stores by name it's not like a market has been created for casters selling to us gully dwarf warriors.

making the heal quest even more difficult. that should cut down on the number of newb healers who cant be trusted to keep the main alive.

Joe

• Fodder
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 04:46:10 PM »
I wasn't thinking about healers so much as my GD warrior being blinded by a preacher in Balifor and having to sit in a peace room for ten minutes. I left to get food and came back knowing I'd be disconnected but not really caring.

Tl:dr being blind makes you fat.

Aristox

• Overlord
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 04:56:27 PM »
For next wipe we are changing the way debuffs and disorients(blind, silence, etc) and debilitates(hold, para, stun) work so this won't be an issue.

Don't expect a change this wipe.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 07:37:07 PM »
I wasn't thinking about healers so much as my GD warrior being blinded by a preacher in Balifor and having to sit in a peace room for ten minutes. I left to get food and came back knowing I'd be disconnected but not really caring.

Tl:dr being blind makes you fat.

even high level druids can get messed over pretty badly by a blind from a low level mob. just wanted to point out that game mechanic changes to make characters more playable can have unintended consequences for NPC's that make key fights much harder. for example vigor + healquest

Joe

• Fodder
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 08:32:41 PM »
For next wipe we are changing the way debuffs and disorients(blind, silence, etc) and debilitates(hold, para, stun) work so this won't be an issue.

Don't expect a change this wipe.

Sweet :) hopefully no more (or shorter) dull moments lol

Gnua I feel you. Havent made a healer but i read about disp evil changes. Back in the day that was my bread and butter solo. Gate, 450 hp dwarf healer, disp evil, and a 2h mace from tot that let me massacre everything.

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 12:26:33 AM »
Gnua I feel you. Havent made a healer but i read about disp evil changes. Back in the day that was my bread and butter solo. Gate, 450 hp dwarf healer, disp evil, and a 2h mace from tot that let me massacre everything.

don't waste any sympathy on me, i'm quite happy playing a shaman. i think seance makes them better at group care than a 2nd healer.

Loretta

• Fodder
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 03:42:31 PM »
Joe: eyedroppers are cheap

Rezin

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 11:03:59 PM »
Eyedroppers are terrible

but there are awesome rentable super cheap and easily attainable cure blinds out there if you bother to look

Ezio

• Fodder
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 02:06:59 AM »
Yeah if you bothered to look in the 100 thousand rooms for an obscure item ya idiot /sarcasm

Rezin

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 03:44:04 AM »
Since when has this game ever handed people solutions to problems on silver platters, I like to think that's part of the challenge, go to a new town, you see a potion store, buy all the potions, lore them, make a file, now you have information you can call upon if you ever get blinded, or maybe before you get blinded?

Rezin

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2014, 03:47:17 AM »
I mean if the issue is really blind sucking and we don't wanna work for a solution, lets just remove blind from the game, and everything else that might affect us in a negative way.

dodok

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2014, 07:20:54 AM »
I thought I was clever with my dispel magic pots.  Drank one after I got blinded and my fly got removed instead.  Splat.

Never did that again :(

I remember a loooong time ago someone dragged me to some town that sold joints that gave +str.  Never did find that zone again! haha..  Slowly I'm exploring the zones that branch off of the main roads, the ones I was told to avoid when traveling from town to town!  Hopefully one day I will find the eyedroppers or the other pots to which you are referring!

Joe

• Fodder
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2014, 06:06:40 AM »
Most of us don't fly around at low-mid level collecting every necessary pot for every eventuality. Blind can still be effective in pvp, its just a messed up skill that causes boredom/logging off once someone scrambles to a safe spot.

Long breaks due to move regen, hp regen, recup rooms etc. Have moved the game in that direction much for the positive. Hopefully whatever Aristox comes up with takes care of this mechanic in a positive direction.