Author Topic: difference between arctic vs succesful mmorpg  (Read 9345 times)

Joe

• Fodder
Re: difference between arctic vs succesful mmorpg
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2013, 11:43:00 AM »
Graphics. I find games like WoW to be vastly inferior in terms of immersion. Eve comes close due to its complexity. It has graphics but you're generally fighting in a big black void.

The same comparison can be drawn to books and movies. Movies require less imagination.

Arctic draws the imaginative and the psychos...the only two types of people who can envision themselves as gilded dragon ninjas because a few lines of text say it when we type "Score" & "EQ".

If arctic wants to be a successful niche product we should all chip in for banner advertisements on Mensa and various mental institution web pages.

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2013, 01:35:03 AM »
I agree, the mentally incompetent are a vast untapped network of potential arctic players.  Also, it would improve the sanity level compared with the current playerbase.

sart

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2013, 10:22:19 AM »
I like where your heads are at! 

However, I'm taking the wipe off and actually downloaded EQ2 and Eve Online over the last few days.  I guess its kinda like chewing nicotine gum.

Khad

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2013, 08:11:58 PM »
2 days i've been off, and i disappointed on lack of constuctive posts. seems most of you like corey are ok with of 6 weeks actually wipe long. thats sad

Joe

• Fodder
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2013, 10:51:29 AM »
Grammar son! What are you trying to say there?

sart

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2013, 11:21:27 AM »
I think he was saying something about Corey being ok even though it has been 6 weeks since he wiped.

Khad

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2013, 07:53:03 PM »
ahaha grammar is ur best thing u got being native language. so youre something i call pidarastupoi