Author Topic: Playing the waiting game for wipe day  (Read 6905 times)

Davy

• Fodder
Playing the waiting game for wipe day
« on: December 04, 2013, 10:52:49 AM »
For wipe day I have taken Friday and Saturday off work. I have informed wife I will be mudding until I drop. I have bought three 2 liter's of Mountan Dew as well as Visean for the computer red eye. I will play a neutral thief as my wipe day character (yes I know neutral sucks but it's the only alignment I like). I'm thinking of starting in Solace Sewers with the other 50 people. I will name my thief either Franky or Jessie haven't totally decided which one. Once again I will spend a wipe clanless however I will be leveling more then just one character all will be Neutral worshipers of Shinare. This is my plan, big thanks to staff for everything, looking forward to another wipe and new adventures.

reed23

• Zone Leader
Re: Playing the waiting game for wipe day
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 01:10:17 PM »
My wife has endured the past 2 wipes and even made me dinner both nights, but she informed me yesterday that she will be at her parents house for most of the weekend so she doesn't have to "put up with my addiction."

Chisul

• Immortal
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Mage Tower
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 02:22:05 PM »
Your wives rock!

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 03:06:40 PM »
The question is: do her parents know about the addiction?

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 04:09:50 PM »
Not yet!

snax

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 08:05:18 PM »
and i'll be going to my weekly wife-mandated psychotherapy appointments for wipe day which are conveniently scheduled around wipe opening time. My wife is taking PTO off just to make sure I'm not getting sucked back down into the rabbit hole, so it'll be interesting to see if i make it for a rush group.

it all depends on how badly i wanna mud on a raspberry pi in the laundry room or barn...

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 09:01:43 PM »
my wife informed me that I had to go to my birthday party this saturday despite the mud wiping.  I told her it was MY birthday - she was unimpressed...she told me HER parents were coming and I had to attend!  There are worse things than missing out on 4 hours of mudding to go to dinner and a bar...

Ezio

• Fodder
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 09:28:30 PM »
Depends on the bar I guess!

Gnua

• Immortal
  • Elder
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 10:16:36 PM »
my wife informed me that I had to go to my birthday party this saturday despite the mud wiping.  I told her it was MY birthday - she was unimpressed...she told me HER parents were coming and I had to attend!  There are worse things than missing out on 4 hours of mudding to go to dinner and a bar...

Your birthday presence? Yes, precious...

Brad

• Fodder
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 12:52:18 AM »
Me: Wipe this friday woo hoo!
Wife: You should wipe every day....

Smartass.

Mick

• Fodder
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 09:52:18 AM »
Clean one too.

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 10:23:23 AM »

Smart phone and mud app for the win

Tajs

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Dun mir
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2013, 11:16:19 AM »
Never understood the need to play with a smartphone.. must be weird, in my mind!

Chisul: Your wives rock! ...accusing him of being a mormon or know some the rest of us don't?? :)

Dyl

• Zoner
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2013, 03:29:21 PM »
Tajs - bots.

kmark101

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2013, 04:55:29 PM »
I'm thinking of rolling a char too, IF the xp tables are better than last wipe, it was totally awful for casual player who wants to play the game at lvl 30.